Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: New Vestax toy: "Controller One" DJ Instument?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has come across the "Controller One" by Vestax.

Its basically evolving the idea of tuntablism into an instument where you can select different pitches and create music based on the selection of pitches/notes. It comes with an optional foot pedal!

I can't ever picture using something like this maybe there are people out there into the whole scenario. I'd rather learn to play a real instument like a keyboard or guitar!

Anyways, check it out:

http://www.vestax.com/v/products/players/controller_one.html

Posted Wed 07 Feb 07 @ 4:01 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Is it a MIDI controller or an instrument?

Posted Wed 07 Feb 07 @ 8:48 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
looks like its a tunrtable with special pitch features, probably for the turntablists that make tunes out of pitch bendin and needle droping in creative ways. its probably just key changing amoungst a pentatonic scale. you can see minor and major for one in some of the pics. the same things you can do with the picth effect in VDJ. get a tune that has the same note for a long time, sometimes in the buildup of dance songs (the decent eddits) they have the main note for a long time before changing to the 4 note sequence. if you want to make it more interesting (if a little worse quality) you can try going between -3 notes, -1 notes and normal. sounds cool,give it a try

Posted Wed 07 Feb 07 @ 11:29 pm
YES I HAVE SPOKEN WITH VESTAX, this is just a plane jane simple midi controller, with NO INTERNAL sound card. You will need to purchase an external USB Sound card or use an Internal PC Existing sound card for it. The cost will be $499.99 in The middle of 2007. My honest opinion its build vestax tough but wasn't engineered correctly. It has NO MIC input, and NO HEADPHONE input. Its too confusing to setup in conjuction with VDJ, and cost just as much as a set of 2 Tables.

Posted Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 6:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)