Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: music database issue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hello, I have spent the last month evaluating vdj 4.2, with the last week I have been using a full version courtesy of a friend, I have come to the conclusion that overall it is a very good program, the bpm counters are good, the layout is nice , the sampler is good but I would of preferred to have been able to sample a single channel on the fly but still better than average and also I was able to find quite a lot of vst effect plugins which worked brilliantly, I was able to hook it up to my nuo 4 and never got any sound delays or drops after 2-3 hours constant play.
However.... Im actually sorry to say I will hold off from buying in the hope that the playlist issue will be resolved with the next version, I feel that we should be able to edit our playlists into whatever way we want without having to mess about with other software to achieve this, it just isnt good enough!, There has obviously been a lot of research and development into making this software and it shows, as I say it is a terrific program but it is being let down by this one important area. I have been dj'ing for a living for almost 10 years with the last 4 years using digital dj equipment , ie- Traktor dj + tcv, I think Vdj is a much much better program than Traktor but could definitely benefit from having a look at how easy Native Instruments have made it to alter song tags in every subcategory ie- name, title, bpm, rating, comment, label, and even key etc etc.
Anyone know there is any plans to resolve this in future?

Posted Tue 06 Feb 07 @ 7:56 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What exactly do you mean by 'edit our playlists'?

You can take any tracks you want to play and stick them in the side panel and play them from there. You can even set VDJ to automix and it'll do the job for you!

All you have to do is click and drag the titles over to the side panel (right hand side on default skin) and you have just made your playlist. What exactly is it that you are looking to do?

Keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Posted Tue 06 Feb 07 @ 10:54 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes, please explain further what you mean about the 'playlist' and modifying them or adjusting them? The playlist are easily modifiable in VDJ.

Now, if from what you mentioned; you are referring to the ID3 tag support then that is a topic very well debated in this forum and it has almost reached the 'beating a dead horse' stage of discussing further - mainly because the Development Team knows that the community is hungry for better support.

So, hope you decide to 'purchase' and be a VDJ member of your own - and not sweat it out over the playlist.

Posted Tue 06 Feb 07 @ 11:32 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
WHen I setup a playlist, I do so from within VDJ. I just pick the tracks I want,name and save it.
Then when the time comes to do a party or whatever, I open the playlist and put it ito the sidebar on the far right. If I need to change anything I can remove it from the sidebar and add any other tune needed. I don't find any problems doing it in this manner.

Posted Wed 07 Feb 07 @ 6:53 pm
sorry if I wasnt too clear, I am referring to the problem with changing ID3 tags in VDJ, for example I have hundreds of tracks categorized in my itunes playlists but when I import them into VDJ I am bearly able to find them as they have reverted back to the original filename.
Putting playlists together pre-set can solve this to some extent but I like to keep my eye on the dancefloor and drop a track I see more fitting at that particular time (which may not be in my playlist) and this requires quick and easy access .

Posted Wed 07 Feb 07 @ 8:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)