Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Speeding up videos when you remix... HOW TO???

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

K, what i'm trying to do is make use of all my 1000+ records that have cool house remixes on them, but attach them to video. Obviously, the words are sped up alot comared to the origional, say like a remix of timberlake's "love you like I do", its a SICK house mix, but if I have the video of the origional song, what is a good program that can speed up the video that will match the audio??

I read in another post, someone replied that its easier to match the audio with the video, then vice versa, but that would mean speeding DOWN the audio, and what would happen when I goto sync up a house song in a mix, it would probably sound like doody. Even if it does take a little more time, I would rather make the video match the audio, so what program would do this effectivly??

Posted Mon 05 Feb 07 @ 9:46 pm
Try Sony Vega. If you try to play a house remix against the original video, you will fail. The original may be 95 bpms, and the 12 inch may be 130 bpms. They have time stretched the vocals on the 12 inch, and added a sample here or there, a little of this and that. It will not be in phase with the video. It will take some work, but I think you will be able to do it with Sony Vega.

Posted Mon 05 Feb 07 @ 9:56 pm
djvintaPRO InfinityMember since 2006
In vegas you just hit ctrl and right click and drag the edges of your video track to the new location. Use "S" to split the video track at the beginning of the first verse, allign this with the beginning of the first verse of the remixed audio. Localize where the first verse ends in the original video and split it there. Localize the same point in the remixed audio, hit "M" to make a mark and ctrl drag the video to allign it with your mark.

Easy when you get the hang of it. Now the only problem is that the remixes often are longer and have a different structure. So you may need to repeat some video or add some x-rated content in between :)))))

Posted Wed 07 Feb 07 @ 10:42 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)