Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Change size of video overlay on extended desktop

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Does anyone know how to change the video overlay size of VDJ on the extended desktop? Meaning, I would like to make the overlay smaller so I can advertise in the unused area.

Or can someone create a plugin that will do the same thing??

Funkmasterfrank

Posted Sat 03 Feb 07 @ 11:17 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
choose window mode and resize acordingly then drag adverts onto the extended monitor

Posted Sun 04 Feb 07 @ 12:09 am
What do you mean by choose window mode?

I want to play vids/karaoke at the same time on that screen and have space to advertise like about 2" along the top or bottom of the output screen. When I turn on extended desktop I can't grab the vdj overlay and adjust it to the size I want. Can you be more specific on how you would do it?

Funkmasterfrank

Posted Sun 04 Feb 07 @ 12:37 am
go to video options and instead of choosing your second monitor choose window mode

a window of the video now will pop up move it with your mouse onto the second monitor and resize the window to your desired size

then use what ever you wish to show a advert on and drag this onto the screen aslo

or you could use dj cells show logo plugin or text plugin

Posted Sun 04 Feb 07 @ 12:48 am
Sorry, I already knew all that... doing that way my video is poor. When I use my video card which is an all-in-wonder 9800 I have almost perfect video without skipping/freezing. When I try the "windows" selection playback is terrible. Any other suggestion? Can an expert VDJ'r compile something where we can adjust the size of the overlay? I have asked this question a long time ago but never get a response.

Funkmasterfrank

With all the different plug-ins someone must have an idea on how to readjust the overlay!

Posted Sun 04 Feb 07 @ 1:07 am
i think for now your best bet is to use the logo plugin and load up an advert image in the bottom of the screeen say , im not sure if you can shrink the video in full screened mode currently

Posted Sun 04 Feb 07 @ 1:10 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
download the video effect called "backdrop" it does exactly what you are looking for.

Posted Sun 04 Feb 07 @ 5:58 am
I have a laptop and a lcd monitor, The laptop shows virtual dj playing but i want to see it on the other monitor as well. When I selected extend monitor , the viewing goes away from the laptop and now its on my lcd monitor. I want to be able to see the same thing on both. I dono if Iam making any sense. But i connected a lcd on to my laptop but I cant get it to show the same thing on both the laptop and the monitor. Any way to do set this up or configuration on the display menu? I have a windows xp...secondhome edition.

Posted Sun 04 Feb 07 @ 6:36 am
DJ Cyder,

No, I gave it a try and yes it works for still images but not for something like a text ticker. The ticker or other movie type video still flashes uncontrolably as the full video overlay is actually still there. We need someone to create a tool that truly resizes the overlay exactly in the way you have your adjustment faders set up but the overlay itself has to be adjustable. Like TV, you can't mix 2 video sygnals together without a way to electronically sync them. Someone like yourself should be able to pull it off.

Thanks,

Funkmasterfrank

Posted Sun 04 Feb 07 @ 8:40 pm
mainedjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
DJHelios
Instead of extending it to a second monitor, use clone.
(that's what my nvidia 7600 says)

Posted Wed 07 Feb 07 @ 11:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)