Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Customers who bought....also bought

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Lets say your DJing away and you pull off a spectacular mix...a lot of the time I'll come home from work and think
"What was that mix I did earlier tonight?"
What if there was a way VDJ could remind you of particularly good combinations of songs for mixes...eg you could mark the last 2 played songs as a "COMBO" then next tim you played that track it could suggest its "PARTNER" track as the next song

Another way of thinking of this feature would be as:

"Customers who bought this item also bought:"

just like you see on sites like Amazon.

What you think of that one guys??

Posted Wed 18 Aug 04 @ 2:20 am
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Check out www.mixshare.com

They have a freeware music database system called Rapid Evolution that will let you save bpm, key, genre and even what songs mix out of a song well. You can then sort and search all kinds of different ways.

I think it will do what you are asking, although in a bit of a round a'bout way. Would be nice to have in VDJ for sure, but maybe this will help you for now.

You can even rate your mixes between songs, then tell it how many songs you want in your mix, what song you are starting with and it will calculate the overall "best" mix consisting of the chain of songs with the highest ratings. Pretty neat stuff if you have the discipline to maintain the database.

I've just started messing with it, and I think it will be invaluable for those parties where I want to be more "in" the party instead of concentrating on my set.

Bargler

Posted Wed 18 Aug 04 @ 12:38 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
yes this would be nice.
myself i think of songs (of different genres) that sound similar to others that could go well too. the only i work around this is .. having this program called "Post It" which works like the yellow sticker notes thats always ontop. so that way if i'm doing something on the computer and a song on the radio or tv comes on i can write about it and work with it later.
of course i use the program for other things too..
---
or if one could display all songs with or within a certain BPM range.

Posted Sun 24 Oct 04 @ 1:10 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)