Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: future is 800X600 skins?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Rem1xHome userMember since 2006
800X600 skins will be popular with the 1600X1200 and 1900+ monitors becoming popular and computers gettin exponentially powerful. multi instances being able to be placed side by side. might as well make 800X600 skins for all the current skins.

Posted Mon 29 Jan 07 @ 12:55 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
unfortunately as the skins become more intricate they have to be larger

simpler skins can be at this resoultion only

Posted Mon 29 Jan 07 @ 10:51 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
in my opinion skins will have higher resolutions as we will be buying larger monitors. I think there is a limitation in skin design, that does not allow you to have larger size font than 16 (i think). That means that if you create a 1240X1024 skin and you view it from a 15" monitror then you will certainly need glasses.
The majority of the monitors now is 17" which means that skins greater than 1240x1024 is difficult to read the browser. And that is only for the blowser, and not the others.

What is the future. I think dual screen skins. One monitor for browser and one for the other functions. Too many things crowded in one screen. We use panels for this, but everybody would like to have all the panels in front. I have worked in the past with a dual skin (Mixstation ...) and it helps a lot, but of course you need two monitors to carry.
Anyway future is just a few blocks away ... we 'll see.

Posted Mon 29 Jan 07 @ 10:51 pm
birdalHome userMember since 2007
hi every body.i love so much this program.now i need good skin.help me please...

Posted Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 9:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)