Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Please let me buy VDJ, please, please.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

cgarissPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Well, I got hold of VDJ console edition with my new DJC. Great! Really like it. Unfortunately, I had to re-install everything after a dodgy defrag (Diskeeper - use with caution) and now I can't use it any more. See, I get Protection error 16 when I try to re-install, "contact support" it says. Well. I contacted support. I'm still waiting.

Not happy.

So, in the meantime I think "you know VDJ is so cool I might just buy the pro version anyway". After all I'm sitting here wanting to play with it so I can practice for tomorrow's party where some friends and I were going to mess around with Ableton etc. But no. BZZZZZZT! Protection error! You cannot download update! You cannot use the DJC software, says Atomix. You may not pass GO! You may not collect £200! You may not start the software.

Anyway. I like it. And I would quite like the 4.2 features, so here I go to buy it. Yeah, I think. I'll buy the pro software. Atomix deserve the financial reward for their efforts.

CREDIT CARD DECLINED! Oh. I think. Maybe try another card. One I know works for sure. BZZZZT! Credit card declined. Hey, maybe I mis-typed the card number. CREDIT CARD DECLINED!

So. No working copy of DJC. No way to legitimately pay for the Pro download.

What would you do?

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 8:47 pm
Wait for support to get in touch with you, and pay your credit card bills.

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 9:46 pm
And yes, diskeeper is not all that great.. I have been a happy PerfectDisk user for years..

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 11:07 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
protection errors usualy ocur when you install a cracked copy of the software or attempt to modify it it locks up and you need to ask support about it.

you can pay via other methods such as bank transfers , cheque ect

i would be very wary of using bad copies of diskkeeper aslo they murder your computer and boot record

hope your problem gets solved soon :)

if you havent already make a ticket here for help

contact

Posted Sat 27 Jan 07 @ 12:32 am
Hmmmmmm The credit card. Im 100% positive that has credit, cos I've already used it online tonight.

As for the protection error. Hey. I confess. I DID have a cracked version on here. Friend gave that to me and said "try this out.. it's pretty cool", so I did. Truth is though...

I've uninstalled that, because I bought DJC2 with a licenced copy of VDJ. Yes.. amazingly I actually pay for software if it is good. I don't want a cracked copy, though the truth is that I probably would have gone for Traktor if my friend hadn't passed a copy of VDJ 4.2 along for a few weeks of messing around before I was sure I wanted to buy it. And I did indeed buy a licenced copy. If the payment system worked I'd have a Pro licence already.

GUYS! Fix the CC payment problem! My criticism is this,... why lock me out of using the DJC edition? Huh? It's enough to put me off using VDJ at all and re-visiting NI to buy Traktor. I understand, as does anyone, that you want to minimise being ripped off, but don't make it too difficult for users to ditch the cracked stuff they tried and install legit software! It's putting me right off you.

Posted Sat 27 Jan 07 @ 12:54 am
dont worry they will fix it for u soon

it was a risk you took cant realy complain lol

you dont want to know that tractor does if you crack it lol , its not friendly at all

Posted Sat 27 Jan 07 @ 1:02 am
Well. I'll just have to wait. Curses.... just want to get going on the software. Must... have...it.... must......mix.... again..... must.... see... transients.... scrolling across screen.....

It's worse than my smoking addiction.

Posted Sat 27 Jan 07 @ 3:18 am
Update: All faith restored. Support fixed DJC. Now I just need to sort out a way to buy the upgrade. Fantastic. It's 2:30 AM and I'm up for a bit of knob twiddling on the console.

Posted Sat 27 Jan 07 @ 3:29 am
what's wrong w/ yer diskeeper......mine is great wouldn't be without it......??

Posted Sat 27 Jan 07 @ 3:51 pm
yay glad its fixed

if you use a bad copy of it , it has a nasty habit of currupting files.
by dumping it in the wrong places ect

Posted Sat 27 Jan 07 @ 3:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)