Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: can anyone help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

rjd137PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Im trying to back up my hard drive to another drive and having i huge problem. every time i do a back up the drive im copying crashes. i tryed norton gost, maxtor one touch, copy and paste, going folder by folder, all i know, what is wierd is it crashes on different songs each time. when i play the songs in vdj they are fine no problems, im getting very worried dont know what to do. I dont have any other copy of my music. can anyone help.

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 1:53 am
I had a similar issue.. Can you copy the song to desktop or another drive?

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 4:05 am
I had the very same thing happen to me. Your hard drive is about to take a huge dump. (I know you didn't need to hear that, but I gotta be honest.) I would just copy what you can. Look for any shareware copy programs that will let you skip files that already exist. That way if the copy craps out, you can start over without copying everything all over again. It's a slow night, I'm gigging as I type this, so I can't give you any names of programs off the top of my head. If I think of some, I will post.

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 6:47 am
Ditto... I did a complete disc scan of the my drive,, all partitions to check for errors..
djderricke,, Although I Haven't had any more problems, am I just prolonging the inevitable?

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 7:02 am
Yes. Ditch that drive as quickly as you can.

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 7:03 am

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 7:14 am

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 8:04 am
There really should be a thread with helpful software and the one's to stay away from..

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 8:06 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
tend to post software that is good on my blog from time to time :)

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 2:06 pm
skyfxl wrote :
tend to post software that is good on my blog from time to time :)

What’s your opinion on S.M.A.R.T.?

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 2:20 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
depends on what software you use to check the statuses

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 3:26 pm
Check a product named visa-versa. It's free and it woks like a charm. I had the same problem trying to do a copy to another drive. Used this program and.... PROBLEM GONE!

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 6:55 pm
Where do you get this visa-versa program? Did a search and didn't come with anything. Thanks

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 11:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)