Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Artists and Song Titles problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've had my VDJ for a week or so. All of my Karaoke MP3+G files and MP3 files were mostly arranged 'song title - artist'. So I downloaded 'Renamer 6.0', a nifty little program which allowed me to change all the files to 'artist - song title'. Now all my karaoke files work and look perfect (thank god, I have over 22,000 files). Problem is with the MP3 files. Some were ok the others a mess. I started going through the files, sorted 'by artist' and used the 'rename' tool in VDJ. I started going through them aphabetically so that I wouldn't miss any. I took a break after the 'E's and shut the program down. When I brought it back up, a lot of what I fixed went back to the way it was....uurrgg!!! Question... when you use the 'rename' tool, does it physically change the file in it's appropriate folder or just in VDJ? Shouldn't it save the changes when I shut the program down? Also, I notice as I was going through the files, say I be up to the 'j's, as I was scrolling through the artists, I notice some new one's popped up like say in the 'b's that hadn't been changed. And I know I didn't miss them the first time. What's up with that?? Very aggravating!

Posted Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 10:42 pm
the little program mp3 rename is a great program but unfortunatly it doesn't save progress unless you go through everything in the folder and then apply changes. simply speaking it doesn't change a song right after you edit the tags you have to click the button that will make the changes permanent.

what i did to make it easy is that my mp3's are put in genre folders so today i will work on the folder that says rock and tomorrow the one thats says hip hop after each folder apply changes and then do another folder.

i am guessing that all your mp3's are in one folder and the reason why you probably see songs popping up in spots where you already checked is beacause once you switch around or rename the artist and title feilds then which ever is fisrt it automatically inserts it self in the alphabetic order.

if you want to put your files in genre folders just say so and i will tell you a easy way
peace

Posted Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 11:10 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

try this on any folders you make changes to

Posted Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 11:13 pm
hey ronnieskar where can i buy a karaoke library as big as yours or even 10,000 mp3+g no cd's just hard drive

Posted Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 11:14 pm
Thanks guys, Yeah, Squeezeeve, I would like to put my songs in genre files. I pretty sure a lot of the tags are pretty messed up. I used to run a Karaoke shop and I had my kids rip my cds and fill out the info. For instance, some of the songs they would list as 'country' when it shoulda been pop.

As far as the karaoke files, I ripped all of the files into my computer from my CDG's. I carry them with me in case the comp crashs plus it's ligit. Don't know where you get them all. You can try http://www.tricerasoft.com They have karaoke files you can down load at 1.99 to 2.59 a pop.

Posted Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 11:25 pm
I did the 'recurse' and it seems like it didn't make any difference at all. What I don't understand is all the files in both the karaoke and mp3 folder are named 'artist' - 'song title'.mp3 or .cdg . So why does VDJ not read them as such? Does anyone know?

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 5:16 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Try to scan HD once more. Nothing is going to happen to your database, promise. Be also sure that the "ReadID3Tag" in the Config of VDJ is disable !

PS When you do a lot of changes in the database, wait a few seconds after shutting down the VDJ before you shut down the system. It nedds time to save database. You could also use a skin with "Save Database" button.
For massive changes you could use Tag&Rename too, free to try. http://www.softpointer.com

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 5:59 pm
What is the 'recurse' supposed to do? I still find a lot of mistakes in VDJ even though the files are physically correct. I have the 'readid3tag' disabled. Do I have to go through all the files and rename them with VDJ? :(

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 6:18 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
refreshes info in folders

Posted Sat 27 Jan 07 @ 12:22 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)