Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Remixs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Guys .. i have always wonered about this .. some Dj's create these awesome remixes by only including the chorus ... like ... YMCA .. i just love the chorus in the song ..the yyyyyyyyyyymca part .. and this Dj .. he made a remix which had a really nice tune and only that chorus part going over and over again ... i thought he would just record the chorus as a sample and keep playing that part again and again while playing the beats ... i tried doing that but the song gave me a horrible effect .. coz when you run the sample the original music also starts playing and it feels like ur playing two different songs on winamp .. so can someone tell me how pro Dj's do that .. extract parts of the song and replace wherever they want ???

Posted Tue 23 Jan 07 @ 2:58 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You need to have the acapella version of the song you want to mix in. In this case YMCA. Acapella is just the words with no instrumental. YOu then mix that over the instrumental of another song. You can use the sampler in VDJ for the acapella of YMCA. Then you can actually use two other instrumentals to mix the YMCA chorus over. There is much useful information in the Mixing forum on this site. You should read through some of threads there.

Posted Tue 23 Jan 07 @ 4:08 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)