Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Numark Virtual Vinyl vs. Virtual DJ 4.2 + TCV

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I know this is a bit early, but does anyone have any ideas about the differences between Numark Virtual Vinyl vs. Virtual DJ 4.2 + TCV?

I have tried to search differnt forums and such, but it is really hard to find any info about this.

-Same software but different skins?
-Different software?
-Same TCV:s or different?
-Compabilities?
etc.

I am a MK2 user shopping for an upgrade, and theeese are pretty much what I am choosing between.

Thanks!

Posted Mon 22 Jan 07 @ 11:22 am
VDJ should be the same and do everything that VV does PLUS support other midi controllers, so you won't be tied into Numarks Virtual Vinyl digitizer/sound card.

Also (I think), VDJ will still offer their SDK so that users can create custom skins, effects, transitiions, etc. so that we can customize VDJ to our liking.

I believe the big difference between the 2 is flexibility.

Numark Virtual Vinyl will just be Virtual Vinyl, but VDJ will have alot of other options for both hardware and software.

Posted Mon 22 Jan 07 @ 11:28 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
there the same

same software numark cue is bundled which is 4.2 pro with a numark sticker :)

same tcv except numark ship the gen 3 tcv

and you get a soundcard with the virtual vinyl package

Posted Mon 22 Jan 07 @ 5:44 pm
so it's virtual dj pro with hardware?

i sure wish there was a Numark Virtual Vinyl skin pack in our skins page.

now for the real issue....

gen 3 tcv? what's the difference? is there a gen 3 tccd? if so, where can i get it from?

DJ Shahar
www.djshahar.com

Posted Mon 22 Jan 07 @ 7:48 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
thats right

if you reali want the numark skin download the demo and copy that skin across;)

not yet no info on cds yet

it has minute markers i belive , not much info on it yet :)

Posted Mon 22 Jan 07 @ 8:09 pm
does anyone know if Numark will sell the soundcard separate?

Instead of using a PCI soundcard is this soundcard going to be that much better?

I am currently using a ESI Maya 44 soundcard.

Just thinking of future systems and having to maybe hook an external soundcard instead of installing an internal PCI soundcard. Like for club installs. Install the soundcard with the USB cable left for anyone who comes up their own computer.

sorry if this seems off topic from this thread.

Posted Mon 22 Jan 07 @ 8:10 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
low-fat-al wrote :
does anyone know if Numark will sell the soundcard separate?

Instead of using a PCI soundcard is this soundcard going to be that much better?

I am currently using a ESI Maya 44 soundcard.

Just thinking of future systems and having to maybe hook an external soundcard instead of installing an internal PCI soundcard. Like for club installs. Install the soundcard with the USB cable left for anyone who comes up their own computer.

sorry if this seems off topic from this thread.

There is talk of a possibility, but don't hold your breath on it. Unfortunately this will be one that we all will have to wait and see once it goes into mass production.

Posted Tue 23 Jan 07 @ 3:54 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)