Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: MK2 user VDJ 3.4 vs 4.2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok, I bought the MK2 which I like a lot. I got the 3.4 version with it and just upgraded to the 4.2. It audio quality sounds better with the 4.2 which is why I spent the extra $240. Im not really interested in the video and other things. The problem I am having is I cannot control 3 seperate fx at the same time that I could with the 3.4. Anyone else know what im talking about? I downloaded the mapper and evern tried a couple of different skins (setups) but I just cannot change it. I wan to go back to the 3.4 but I want the sound quality of the 4.2 or I need to get my money back. Any comments? Anyone with simular situation? I DJ Dancehall, Hip hop and some techno so I need the access to the few effects (3) I have at all times.

Posted Sat 20 Jan 07 @ 10:25 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you can now apply many fx on the fly

1 and 3 choose which fx and 2 activates it or deactivates it to apply another choose it and apply it on top.

you can use the mapper to restore to the old, funtionality by mapping all 3 buttons to activate fx i belive , havent personaly tried happy with the new fx engine

Posted Sat 20 Jan 07 @ 10:45 pm
your mk2 controlls the fx differently now.

the "3" and "1" button switch to different effects and the "2" button executes it. with your mouse, you can execute as many effects as you want at the same time. the black vdj 4.* skins show you which skin you are using.

some people like it, some people don't.

it would be nice if we had the option to use Fx 3.4 style or 4.2 style.

DJ Shahar
www.djshahar.com

Posted Sat 20 Jan 07 @ 10:45 pm

You can change the 3 buttons and call your 3 favorite effects though.

Effects can be called by name, in shortcuts now, so you can for example have "permanently" flanger on (1) echo out on (2) and beatgrid on (3), or what ever else you'd rather have.

Call by name (flanger) as value in shortcuts /mapper

Posted Sun 21 Jan 07 @ 4:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)