Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Coul use a little help for Sat night (Pionnerr 800 +MIDI)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi everyone,

this question is for someone who specifically uses the Pioneer 800 mixer to control MIDI functions.

Tonight (sat) I am using the Pioneer 800 and want to hook up to VDJ via MIDI. Right now I am using an X-session controller as midi to crossfade video only while I do the audio with club' smixer. Tonight I want to use the Pioneer to crossfade video and audio together. Could you tell me what cable I need? Where to hook in and how to assign the 800 to crossfade both? What do I plug into on the back of the 800, etc.

Also, if it's not to much trouble what I should hit in the VDJ software in the "remote" section.

The mixer is at the club and not at home so I am tryingt o figure it out all from home before I go.

thanks so much,

Barry

Posted Sat 20 Jan 07 @ 7:31 pm
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I answered your pm but I thought I'd put the answer here so anyone else needing this info could use it.

I use the DJM800 and I love it! All you need is the M-Audio "Uno". http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Uno/

Plug one end into the DJM and the usb into your computer, no drivers needed. Then you configure MIDI normally.

Posted Sat 20 Jan 07 @ 8:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)