Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: master tempo

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

This is a real newbie question; what does the 'master tempo' button on some skins used for? Is it something like beatlock? Sorry for my ignorance, but I read the manual, but couldn't find anything about it.

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 8:40 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You figure it out, enable master tempo, play a song and drastically change its Tempo (pitch slider), now tell me what the master tempo does?

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 11:11 pm
Well, it's just the timestretch function. But I had to deinstall vdj 3.4 and install 4.2 to find out, because there were no skins in 3.4 with this option. I hoped someone could give me just an answer, so I shouldn't all the time change the program. But now I still had to do it to find the answer.

I know I can install the two versions together on 1 PC, but it gives problems with installation of skins (not all 3.4 skins and FX are functional in 4.2).

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 11:57 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Timestretch and Master Tempo are the same. an engine designed for altering tempo without pitch change, however artefacts can be heard as a cost.

Posted Sat 20 Jan 07 @ 12:09 am
Bagpuss wrote :
Timestretch and Master Tempo are the same. an engine designed for altering tempo without pitch,however artefacts can be heard as a cost.

Yeah, the changes in tempo shouldn't be too big.

I once read on a site about harmonic mixing that vinyls (where you have no timestretch) should only be pitched with a maximum of 3%. So a technorecord of 140 BPM should be played between 135.8 and 144.2 (because 3% of 140 = 4.2). If you pitch more, your record will sound out of key.

Posted Sat 20 Jan 07 @ 12:17 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)