Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: can't make the beats matching

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello everyone,

I just begin to use virtual dj today... I 've already read the user guide twice, i can't find how to synchronize automatically songs in my playlists... I need your help of experienced users !

Here is what happens when i put songs in my playlists and start playing...

The 2 songs are set on the same BPM automatically, but setting them at the same BPM is not enough! I get an horrible sound like boomboom ... boomboom... The 2 songs are same BPM but not synchronized...

Until, now, i found this only solution, it is at the moment of the transition, i have to click the "SYNC" button on the deck that plays the new song, then the beats gets synchronized... Is there any possibility i can play a playlist of my mp3 in full automatic mode, with syncing bpm and automatically shift the rythm so the beats are synchronized?

Thanks in advance for your answers...

Oadisney

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 5:57 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
on options choose

match bpm

"always"

match gain "always"

and ensure you have fully analzied all of your songs.

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 6:08 pm
Thanks for your advices, but it still doesn't work...
I'm a very beginner and i'm probably doing something wrong...
My objective is to put a list of 10 songs (techno/dance) and let virtualDJ do the rest without interaction.
So, this is what i did following your tips:

I analysed fully 10 songs (mp3),
paste them in the playlists,
in the options menu , i turn always match BPM and always match gain.

But still, when at the transition moment, the beats are not aligned... and it sounds like an horrible beginner-dj-transition...

Any idea what could be wrong?

thanks in advance...

Oadisney

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 6:30 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
try using the any music engine what happens?

aslo do you have the latest direct x

Posted Sat 20 Jan 07 @ 12:11 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
check the bpm values of your playlist's songs. In what range are they. Do you see big differences between them?

Posted Sat 20 Jan 07 @ 10:54 am
oadisney for security reasons your message won't appear until a moderator has reviewed it.

Posted Sat 20 Jan 07 @ 9:57 pm
Ok guys,

thanks for your help,

I found the solution on another forum... I just unchecked the box "safe mode" in the perfomance tabs of the configuration and suddenly, the transition are perfect... This option is set by default and i don't know why is blocking the synchronization of the beats in a playlist...

Thanks anyway for your help

Oadisney

Posted Mon 22 Jan 07 @ 8:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)