Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Change Fade Entry Points

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is there any way to permanently change the fade entry points? I have songs that are loading in where the fade entry point is set 90 seconds into the start of the song. And the first 90 secs isn't dead air. Its part of the song!

I want to use the automix. If a song loads into the automix... i would have to turn the automix off... then edit the fade entry and exit points to the way I want it... then i have to re-load the song into the deck.

But if I want to play that same song again later on.... I have to do this all over again. And since this has to be done with a song in the player... it defeats the purpose of the automix because I have to babysit it.

Is there a better way to do this? God I hope so.

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 9:50 pm
In my settings... I have forcefade disabled... fader FULL... 3 sec fade. I know if I set it to 0 fade and cut... it puts the fade points at the beginning and the end. But it also makes a cutover mix...with no fade and that sounds kinda bad. Also has a lot of dead air.

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 9:51 pm
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Don't use automix - use itunes. It's much better at playing songs this way, and you don't have to worry about it. Just my 2 cents.

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 5:41 am
I need to automix video. Not audio.

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 6:33 am
I changed some settings and its running a little better now. Its now picking a better time to fade in (closer to the beginning of each song). No more 2min jumps.

I am not sure what settings I have now. Ill look at the settings later as I am currently running live with it and so far I am on 6 hours straight with no lockups (fingers crossed). I dont want to mess with it and have it lock up for my crowd. LOL

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 7:46 am
You need to manually go through each song and pick a start and stop point. After doing this I had absolutely no problems of where it enetered and exited when played in automix. You do this by selecting Edit BPM after the song is loaded into the deck.

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 9:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)