Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Attention all dj's read this important news!!!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ATTN DJS: DJ DRAMA & DON CANNON RAIDED & ARRESTED FOR MIXTAPES!!

A metro law enforcement task force raided the recording studio of DJ Drama and the Aphiliates Tuesday night. Investigators say they confiscated tens of thousands of bootleg cd's made for sale on the Internet. Of the 17 arrested, the two targeted were DJ Drama and DJ Don Cannon, the two co-founders of the The Aphilliates and Gangsta Grillz mixtape series. Police raided their spot around 8:30 and confiscated close to 50,000 CDs, computers, recording equipment, bank statements and even their cars.

VIDEO on FOX NEWS in ATL http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=2083928&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 3:35 pm
"When you dance with the devil; you don't change the devil; The Devil changes you"

line from 8mm

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 3:45 pm
If you orders any product from Gangsta grills .com,,, Conceder yourself as being investigated…

This is big news for the record labels and will take the opportunity to make as much noise as possible..

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 4:15 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I actually know someone that was doing the same thing. This was a few years back when the RIAA and alike started targeting the 'bootleg' and fileshare services. He got a letter to 'stop' and he made the right choice because DJing is his life and income so couldn't lose that.

BTW, he is a VirtualDJ user and I won't divulge who... but he did the right thing then. The way he was discovered was his stuff was in massive demand on the early days of Napster, Kazaa and alike.

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 12:42 am
DJ_AJPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I know who it is too...

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 2:03 am

Allthough they made some killer mixtapes, they had it comming...

When they start selling mixtapes like a big shop, with other peoples music, and not paying for the use, you are doing something wrong:)

nobody cares if you make a mixtape for self-promo, to show your dj skills..
A mix shared on your site or something..for free

Thats completely different:)

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 2:18 am
just having the word gangsta in the name makes it sound illegal anyways...

whatever...

it is as simple as don't do anything illegal.

idiots.

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 1:22 pm
Hey Cstoll, I think I know who you are talking about too. (And he is in my area.) When you start getting into the numbers that the group in ATL were, you become a big target. I personally know a few owners of stores that have gotten raided too. Here in Chicago all the big name radio DJs were doing it. (And still are.) I'm surprised how many of them got away with it.

Posted Sat 20 Jan 07 @ 3:35 am

Posted Sat 20 Jan 07 @ 3:58 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)