Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: separate forums for pro's and no pro

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

we should have separate forums for pro's and non pro's... the pro's will have more questions that would need more attention.

Posted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 6:47 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i think there should be more pro areas :)

its true some users can hyjack threads

Posted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 7:40 pm
DJBIGMARK wrote :
we should have separate forums for pro's and non pro's... the pro's will have more questions that would need more attention.

i think the non-pros have more questions, even if they're the same questions over and over.

Posted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 7:42 pm
skyfxl wrote :
:) its true some users can hyjack threads

What about Mac Man?

Posted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 7:44 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I would recomend to seperate the demo and the no licence users. Somehow we need to know if they are legally using the demo or they have a cracked version. We should welcome the demo users to the pro forum as future pro users. They deserve it.
But for the others ... hmmmm ...penalty is ... ignoration (the word is correct ?)

PS Demo users could be "semi" users with username and password as long as their demo version lasts (20 days).

Posted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 10:53 pm
MuelusPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i dont want my questions answered by noobies..Would rather have experienced people answer me :(

Posted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 11:08 pm
i like the format the way it is
otherwise, peeps could think we're snobs--and that is just not the case
everyone helps everyone out

i read all the forums and then downloaded a trial of vdj
then i bought it

great forum combined with a great product, excuse me, the greatest product !!!

also, it's kinda fun to read newbie questions 'cause we've all been there..
either way, it's cool with me

Posted Tue 16 Jan 07 @ 4:39 am
i think the semi demo acount would be tricky or impossible , and would take up alot of database space

Posted Tue 16 Jan 07 @ 10:33 am
It's not uncommon for a new person on the forum to have a really good knowledge of an area, eg computers, dmx, music, techniques etc.

Just because somebody might not know VDJ inside out doesn't mean that they don't have something to pass on to the rest of us. Plus which, a newbie could easily pick up on a bug which experienced people haven't spotted, but might come across later.

The forum has a nice open feel to it. If it ain't broke why change it.

A

Posted Tue 16 Jan 07 @ 11:07 am
on the whole i agree :)

many people buy the product because they feel welcomed , and helped,

however , it would be nice to have a pro users forum or experianced pro user forum like the french have to compensate us for our bad weather here in england ,

au revoir =)

Posted Tue 16 Jan 07 @ 11:38 am
skyfxl wrote :

however , it would be nice to have a pro users forum or experianced pro user forum like the french have to compensate us for our bad weather here in england ,

au revoir =)

You could just learn french like us Canadians!

;)

Posted Tue 16 Jan 07 @ 6:36 pm
lol i tried that

results wernt promising , infact i even told some one they had well baked a skin :) hehe

Posted Tue 16 Jan 07 @ 6:38 pm
chafferPRO InfinityMember since 2006
My feelings are the forum is excellent as is...
A great friendly place to help, chat, suggest and learn.
Also no user discrimination whatsoever, would be lovely to keep the "all are welcome feeling"
This is one of the many things that got me here in the first instance!

Posted Tue 16 Jan 07 @ 7:01 pm
my feeling on the matter is that if there is a pro area it should be only a small portion of the forum

ontop of the existing one so that every one is welcomed just the same

but pro or for that matter if it was decided experianced level users

could get incontact with each other more easliy ect

Posted Tue 16 Jan 07 @ 10:23 pm
What about a thread for Non Licensed/Visitors are able to ask question, post comments, whatever..

Non Licensed/Visitors can access The other threads without the ability to post a new messageā€¦.

If Non Licensed/Visitors want more access, then they will purchase a VDJ License..

Posted Tue 16 Jan 07 @ 10:59 pm
thousands of problems and questions, in one thread owch lol

i dont think thats a good idea

it would loose the friendlyness

remember mainly non licence users give so much by making skins and other files which many pro users benifit from

i think that if there was to be some adjustment it should only be an aditional area not the whole forum or it would loose its hospitaility

Posted Tue 16 Jan 07 @ 11:05 pm
Do you mean for professional DJ's (getting paid)? Or for pro edition VDJ users? When I become a user and get familiar with the product I would LOVE to be part of a professional DJ forum. To share my info and get info from other Bar/Nightclub DJ's on their sets and things that made their crowds get hyped. I would also LOVE for their to be a separate section in the forum for VIDEO only users, for tips and tricks.

Posted Tue 16 Jan 07 @ 11:20 pm
they mean l2 users "pro licenced" who paid for the software

l3 "experianced pro users" are users who have demonstrated advanced skills ect

vip users are users who test the software and have made large contributions to the forums via things like skins or mappers ect

thus this concludes todays lesson =)

Posted Tue 16 Jan 07 @ 11:30 pm
A Video Tips and tricks / Music mixing Tips and tricks would be cool..

Posted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 1:01 am
thats what mixing lessons is for :)

Posted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 10:55 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)