Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: videos

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am just wondering how do you put the video onto the big screen because Iam thinking about getting a projecter but i dont know how to do it.
Thanks.

Posted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 4:53 pm
Once you decide on a projector; All you have to do is look at what type of video input it has.

Composite (rca)
Svideo
VGA

All will work, Then get a Video Card That has one or more of these type of video outputs. (make sure it has at least 256MB ram built into the card itself.) And hook the out to the in. Then test at home for a few hours before giging to check for picture quality/audio sync, etc.

Fairly simple.

Then charge an Extra $300.00 per night for your Video Production.

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion NightClub

Posted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 6:26 pm
What if u have a laptop how do you get the video onto the screen.. I have changed settings to display the desktop and still no picture just my desktop showed on the screen..????
give some info for us laptop users, not everybody is lugging around a home pc to a party its just not practical.

Posted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 6:44 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

choose these settings

then drag the virtual dj video window onto the external monitor/projector

Posted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 8:00 pm
skyfxl wrote :

then drag the virtual dj video window onto the external monitor/projector

Nope, thats not what you need to do...

You choose the 2nd extended monitor as video out, in VDJ video settings..
(instead of the video window)

Posted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 8:04 pm
Thanks once again to everybody at virtual dj that helped me out. special thanks to DJ NORAWAY it finally worked now I have video on screen. I only need to tweak a few things my audio sounds a little watery but the video is smooth, its about time for a new laptop.
I plan on doing a few shows with this virtual dj and blowing away a few dj's..... i showed this to some of my friends and so far they are like WOW!!!! this takes the dj to the next level...

Posted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 8:37 pm
thanks marcel

Posted Tue 16 Jan 07 @ 10:20 am
Your Welcome

Posted Tue 16 Jan 07 @ 6:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)