Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: xp10

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

The xp10 seems great, but can it be hooked up to a regular dj mixer or does it have to be used with the mix table sold here. If that's the case, I noticed that there is no horizontal volume slider which would of course would not work out. If someone could please explain more about this to me, I would appreciate it.

Posted Wed 11 Aug 04 @ 6:11 pm
You can hook up two XP10's to a regular DJ mixer; all the XP10's do is control the VDJ decks :)

Posted Wed 11 Aug 04 @ 6:14 pm
I have been using the hercules with the vdj software and have been happy with it, but I am looking for something more professional with more real time scratching. I wasn't sure if I should go with the xp10 or the time coded vinyl. If I use the time coded vinyl, does the music actually start playing when I put the needle on the record? Basically, what I am looking to accomplish is to play my mp3s off my computer with all the advantages of vdj, including the beat match, but be able to control as much from the mixer and turntables(or cd player) as possible(sort of what I get with the hercules, but more professional). If someone could give me an idea of the best route to take, I would appreciate it.

Posted Thu 12 Aug 04 @ 6:57 pm
I'm with mark19401, I'm in the same situation... this vjd and the dj console have hooked me too to dj-ing. And now that I've discovered scratching, I would love to know which option is the best for scratching as realtime as possible, with that I mean with the least amount of latency.

Anyone has some real (real!) good experience and want to fill us in? ;)

Posted Fri 13 Aug 04 @ 10:25 pm
There is no latency problems. Even with two controllers and a UC33e connected. I had some sound problems but that was a windows xp issue in the sound control panel .Windows 2000 doesnt have the same options so it was new to me. Once the sound output for each controller was set one and then the other the controllers worked just fine for sound output.As for the uc33e it was just knowing which preset to use and everthing works fine.The controllers have no lag time that you can see or hear.The problem was not in VDJ but in the sound config in the control panel for windows.Just to set things straight. I cannot explain why either because it should have worked but didn't until I selected each controller and moved the volume slider from one side to another and then the same to the other controller and everthing worked . I was going crazy thinking it was a driver problem or a bad controller.

Posted Sat 14 Aug 04 @ 1:09 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Can all the xp10 users please write reviews like the hercules users did.., because their are many, me included who haven't made a decision and want to hear some feedback...

and marks out of 10..., thanx ;)

Posted Sat 14 Aug 04 @ 8:27 pm
will do!

Posted Sun 15 Aug 04 @ 1:56 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
too busy playing with them. too good. can't stop.

9/10

(hercules console for sale)

Posted Tue 17 Aug 04 @ 11:00 pm
cool.., do you consider them pro enough to grace and play on in a club?

do they help your performance alot?.., and how is the dual soundcard?

Posted Tue 17 Aug 04 @ 11:46 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Ok I know I am not the best personn to post an objective review but here some way to think about the subject :

- We have used a laptop and two XP10 in the most famous nightclub of Paris - France : 'Le queen' on 'Les Champs Elysés'. We have played a 2 hours-long set just before Benny Benassi right in front of a burning dancefloor of the top vips and best clubers of the city; so I can definitively assure that the units are pro 'enough' to be useable in any club !

- Regarding the soundcard of the XP10, most of the user who have tested it and pluged them on their mixtable had to lower the gain compared to their motherboard soundcard as the Xp10 has a lot of power in its small box ;)

Posted Wed 18 Aug 04 @ 12:35 pm
They are good enough to do a club with.They acually work not like other methods like final scratch. Also they wont quit on you when you are in front of a large crowd .

Posted Wed 18 Aug 04 @ 12:38 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'd definitely play them in a club, they've proven really stable and responsive, and their sound is pristine. They're customizable to your needs, and work wonders with vdj 2.01 and my Roland dj-2000 mixer, that's why they get a 9/10 from me.

However, I'd wouldn't let another club DJ use them unless I completely trusted him/her to be gentle, because I doubt they could take the kind of abuse that say, a 1200, could. They're light and really don't seem very rugged, so I'd really advise to be gentle with them (and especially the pitch-slider).

The only reasons why I don't give it a 10/10 are that IMHO they miss:
- A stronger/heavier plastic case and some weighted rubber feet so that you don't have to hold the unit with one hand while sliding the pitch
- Buttons with a transparent cover under which you could slide a printed label of your re-assigned functions
- More rigidity and a better quality button on the pitch-slider (associated with point 1's increased weight)
- A couple of "toggle-LEDs" that would show you the on/off state of a button
- A mappable endless rotary knob (like the Hercules dj console's volume/pitch)
- A slighly bigger size, maybe just an extra inch or two diameter for the wheels
- A rackable two-unit support case (which would eliminate the weight issue) that I actually think of building myself

However none of the above came as a surprise to me, I knew it before I bought it so it's more a "wish-list" than a complaint and trust me it doesn't affect the incredible usabilty of these controllers much.

Nicolas

ps: I'm no scratch DJ, but the wheels definitely handle the couple of basic scratch-on-the-cue moves that I occasionnally work into my house/techno sets

Posted Wed 18 Aug 04 @ 12:59 pm
Excellent!!

this is the feedback i was looking for long ago.., hehe :)

I was a bit worried because the feedback was very worrying intitially because i didn't see many user comments here till now!...,

I found the dj mag review which toped it for myself and dj in norway..., but all feedback is welcome.

So now i have no excuses for not ordering these babys.., but there was much feedback on the hercules in the begining.., so i was kinda worried..,

And I wasn't trying to suggest they weren't adequte for a minute, but rather get some information out of you guys..

because many of you guys are quiet.., why?.., this technology is exciting.., hehe :)

Best regards ;)

Posted Wed 18 Aug 04 @ 2:58 pm
It would be nice and forgive me if there is such a device..

if the xp10 could be put into a rackmount.., for example 19" mixer and xp10's having a holding device to keep them at the right level rather than them being right inside the case...

something to make them fit as the cd players do, any plans to make such a device?, and any help if there is a sloution please?

thanks, :)

Posted Wed 18 Aug 04 @ 4:56 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
XP10 works great, they are very pro and look like very pro..
As VirtualDJ is the best software, XP10 is the best hardware to work with it.
Average: 99/100

Posted Wed 18 Aug 04 @ 5:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)