Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Do Waves Plug-Ins work with Virtual DJ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

AQuAtiCHome userMember since 2007
Do Waves Plug-Ins work with Virtual DJ? I have waves diamond and I can't seem to install it right or it does not work with VirtualDJ?

Posted Sun 14 Jan 07 @ 2:05 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
place it in the sound fx folder

Posted Sun 14 Jan 07 @ 7:52 pm
WAVES PLUGINS...

What are they?
Which use they have?

Posted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 12:22 pm
Yes thanks, I am aware of what folder to put the VSTs in. Most of my VSTs work fine, however I can't get Waves - Diamond Bundle to work properly, here is the link to there VST bundle that I am talking about http://www.waves.com/content.asp?id=396.. Has anyone actually tried to get this to work with VirtualDJ (and is not just giving hypothetical advice)?? I really wanna get that VST bundle to work with VDJ because it was very very very expensive and has all the plug-ins I need.

Thanks Guys!
-Justin

Posted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 7:09 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
If you activate it and it doesn't work, we can do nothing...
Isn't there a demo version? I'd like to try it...

Posted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 8:15 pm
yes they have the demo on their website, you have to log in (give them an e-mail address) to download it however..

Posted Tue 16 Jan 07 @ 9:26 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'll try...
Anyway, not all the VST can be loaded... I don't know much about their software interface...

Posted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 3:40 pm
Yes, some VST don't work right.

I had one that worked ok "alone", when I activate it the sound of the deck where it was activated went to 0 (or MUTE), but still song running. And then you only listen the VST effect.

:(

Posted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 5:30 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Be aware that many vst instruments will not work as they require a midi subsystem in programs such as ableton live, fruity loops and reason ECT

Virtual dj does not have this, so more complicated and intricate instruments will not work

However most vest effects should work fine, which is what virtual dj is intended for live work, it is not a prerecording or studio program,

There is a list of good plugins in this forum you can check out, which are known to work,

You aslo have all of the adons submitted here :) as a pro user

For the future:

People have asked for rewire as a possible future update this would allow a user to send the sound to an external FX program and then out the speakers, headphones ECT or a studio module for virtual dj, so we shall have to see what the future holds :)

Regards

Simon

Posted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 6:12 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)