Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: DJ MIXING : basic - advanced - pro - Page: 22

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

This is my first mixing work.. Uploading for my DJ folks and for my friends to rate..

http://www.muziboo.com/cutedevil710/music/this-is-my-first-mixing-work-uploading-for-my-dj-folks-and-for-my-friends-to-rate-love-ya-all/

The tracks used were

Scott Brown – Definition of a Badboy (Cheever Remix)
Compulsion & Orbit 1 – Got Any
Give me feed back on how this goes!

These is my second mix

Songs used
Outta Space
The Riddle

Actually i tried to abruptly change the song… my dj friends do tell me does it reasonable or i need to change the style… do post ur valuable tips and comments… that will b hell useful. Thankx…

http://www.muziboo.com/cutedevil710/music/house-mixing/

Posted Sun 13 Nov 11 @ 8:18 am
hello guys, Iam here not to show up myself but to change experience to you and me...
I need more to know all the secret of djing

Posted Fri 18 Nov 11 @ 10:40 pm
kenpogiHome userMember since 2011
hey guys can you help me how to proper mixing pls... thanks

Posted Wed 14 Dec 11 @ 6:32 am
jofloPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Sun 25 Dec 11 @ 10:49 pm
I just dloaded this program (free version) on my laptop and i just want to know if I can put a recorded mixx together and save as an mp3 to play thru windows media or itunes?

Posted Fri 30 Dec 11 @ 10:49 pm
GarfyloHome userMember since 2011
DJ In Norway, make youtube tutorial from all this to make it MUCH easier to understand ;)

Posted Sat 31 Dec 11 @ 3:32 am
xxwerdxxControlleristMember since 2012
Ok I just bought the MK4 and I'm completely new to DJ-ing!! I'd love some pointers and some good ways to learn all tricks :) anything would probably help lol

Posted Thu 05 Jan 12 @ 10:37 pm
All you guys asking for help, go back to the beginning of this post and READ the tutorial put together by DJ-In-Norway.
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/6288/Mix_lessons/DJ_MIXING___basic_-_advanced_-_pro.html?page=1 It is priceless material.
I have read several different tutorials from all sorts of sources and I haven't read anything better than this post.

Try these sites as well, http://www.djtutor.com & http://www.djingtips.com/

Also, practice, practice, practice. And when you have put together a mix or two that you like... practice some more.

Share some of your mixes at radio.virtualdj.com, you can get some input from the radio DJ's.

good luck,
T

Posted Fri 06 Jan 12 @ 8:50 am
CriptakPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Hey thanks for such in depth tips on beat matching, I picked up a couple things that I wasn't doing that seem common sense now that I look back. I appreciate it.

Posted Mon 09 Jan 12 @ 1:32 pm
I thought the information was written very well, I'm new to the forum, just purchased VDJ Pro a few weeks ago, had been using PCDJ Red Mobile for about 2 years using the keyboard and mouse on the laptop, have been through carrying crates of albums, transitioning to CD's, and now gettiing into the electronic age.

I will say this, I don't remember who said it, but it is true, if you don't have it you don't have it. I don't do clubs anymore, did those in the early 80's, I mainly do wedding receptions, dinner parties, and private dances for a wide range of age groups, so I have to be aware of what will keep the people happy.

One thing for certain, two things for sure; if you don't put in the work, it will show when it's game time.

I'll soon post some mixes so I can some feedback from you folks. Looking forward to it.

Posted Fri 27 Jan 12 @ 4:51 pm
Awesome tutorial, thanks!

Posted Thu 16 Feb 12 @ 7:33 am
acer209PRO InfinityMember since 2010
very helpful. thanks

Posted Tue 21 Feb 12 @ 2:27 am
Well written DJ-In-Norway, said like a professional.

Posted Sun 04 Mar 12 @ 4:20 pm
av1613PRO InfinityMember since 2007
I apologise if im breaking VDJ forum rules.

I am looking for a resident DJ. I am looking for a talented DJ to make a weekly 10min mix for radio broadcast. (commercial Chart / dance/hip hop & R&B)

If you have the time and skill, get in touch.

Posted Sat 31 Mar 12 @ 4:24 am
thank you thank you

Posted Tue 24 Apr 12 @ 10:37 am
Help! Beginners set.. Trance/Progressive
Hey guys, Im a beginner DJ and would like to get tips to improve my DJ skills. I have to admit that Im a audio engineer and have musical training.,I always wanted to be a DJ but never took it to the next level, now I feel its time. I have been using VDJ for about a month, I have used turntables before but never was serious, I just learnt how to beatmatch easy house songs so I guess that helps when moving to digital djing. I tried to not use the sync function at all for this set. Im using the Denon MC-6000 and a CDJ borrowed from a friend who is a part time DJ.,so there is a bit of everything in my set up.,the recording is not the best and I know there are mistakes in the set, and Im sure many of the pros here can hear them easily, so it would be nice to hear some comments and tips that can help me improve. Hope anyone out there has the time to listen to my set and give me an advice.
Thanks guys and here is the link to the set,its about a hour long.

http://www.mixcloud.com/diego-felipe-borrero-parra/bset/

Posted Sun 29 Apr 12 @ 2:45 am
hello i will like to learn to dj

Posted Tue 26 Jun 12 @ 2:58 pm
hi i am in the need of help from the expert . i hope that anyone here pro enough to teach me how to make a dramatic end at the end of a song. i am reffering to a "BOOM" sound at the end of a songs like in many of clubs. as i am having trouble to mix two songs that are not genre related, and with the help of a boom end from the first song i was hoping to be able to continue in the second songs. looking forward for help.

Posted Fri 13 Jul 12 @ 2:14 am
Dj-in-Norway, thanks for your tutorial. Its priceless, the best tips ive read about djing

Posted Thu 19 Jul 12 @ 5:51 pm
omg :( where is video:(

Posted Sat 28 Jul 12 @ 5:18 am
88%