Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Horrible static please helppppp

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djtnybPRO InfinityMember since 2006
hi ok so here is my problem i am experiencing crackling, static when playing audio through virtual dj. I have the most up to date version of virtual. I am using a dell inspiron e 1505 intel core duo proccesor 1.6 mhz and 2 gig of ram, windows xp media center. My hardware is the dac 3 controller with a gigaport ag all coming out of my external mixer. i have tried playing with all the setting for latency in the performance section and still havent ben able to fix this problem. When i run pcdj i dont have and problem with the music quality it sound crystal clear. If there is anyone that can help me please do so i have had virtual for 3 months and can even use the program and the help desk has been a nightmare to try and get help from thanks.

Posted Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 3:59 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
media center edition has many issues with conflicting software and drivers , do you have a copy of xp you could try

but first , go to proformance , try "autolatency"

does it work now?

if not try lowering the profrmance tab , but keep autolatency

does it worknow?

if not try checking for irq problems for info on this check my blog

regards

Simon

Posted Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 4:06 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
what happens when you try it with the internal soundcard? on the lowest possible settings. Do you have other cards you can try? i run the same pc with a u46dj and had a power issue with the AC not giving my card enough juice but i dont think that is the same problem. Any difference if its running AC or battery? What are your performance settings?

Posted Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 4:20 pm
i have xp media center edition (mce) also.....try these items.....turn your wireless networking off, disconnect from the internet first then turn off your windows firewall.......change screensaver to none, change all power management settings to never

lotsa free friendly expert help around here......

both sky and listen 2 suggested some good possibilities......

i always had great service when i submitted tickets for e service........

Posted Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 4:44 pm
hey guys i figured out the problem to my static when i have my laptop pluged in is when im getting the static. i ran virtual on the laptops battery alone not pluged in and it was clear any ways of figuring this bizzare one out. thanks for all your help

Posted Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 8:52 pm
in that case plug your laptop into a different socket than that of ur amp and mixer

or get a current noise killer

in the uk you can pick one up here www.maplin.co.uk

Posted Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 8:53 pm
my ac adapter is a two prong going into a three prong outlet ive tried other outlets and its the same thing is it because my ac adapter is not a three prong that i am getting all this static and crackling sound?

Posted Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 10:09 pm
thats why no grounding :(

Posted Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 10:21 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 4:47 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
been there done that ...lol

its not a ground loop or general grounding issue. I tried everything and could not anything that supported a ground issue.

What i did find was that very minimal skins ran smooth without static. Try my Tc basic skin and see if it runs better for you. That made me believe it was a power issue with the graphics card since if you run games on the battery only they are very choppy but on AC they run smooth. AC giving the graphics max power and performance.

Try this also go into display advanced settings, ATI catalyst and turn off the powerplay option(when ON it helps save power in different modes by giving the gfx card less power) with powerplay off and running on the battery only vdj will do the same thing now as it did before with the AC plugged in. Static!

This made me believe that the graphics card with AC plugged in hogs power that the soundcard needs, with the battery only the graphics card is in powerplay(save mode) making the card have the juice it needs. Try self powering the soundcard or which i have not tried it telling Catlyst settings to use battery settings when AC is plugged in . Either should solve the problem.

let me know if that helps, i don't even know if thats entirely correct but that is what i have found through my tests. I have yet to buy a AC adapter for my soundcard but changing settings to ALAWAYS battery setting when AC in plugged has worked for me.

Posted Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 4:54 pm
hey guys thanks but i actualy just bought the dell xps 2.33ghz intel core 2 duo 2 gigs ram 512mn invidia video card hope that will fix all

Posted Wed 10 Jan 07 @ 9:20 pm
DELL=HELL!!!! Im not playin

Posted Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 5:50 am
hey guys thanks for all your help. Well here is another problem well i shouldnt say problem but something im unsure on how to do. When i purchased virtual i did the instant download online so i never got a physical copy on disc of the program. I just bought another computer that i want to put virtual on. My question is about a month ago i downloaded the update. i know that i can copy the install program onto a flash drive or something and than put it on my new computer but if i do that it wont give me the updated version. Is there anyway around this and if there is please let me know. Thanks again guys

Posted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 7:56 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
so copy the install and the update to your new computer. Run the install first, then run the update.

Posted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 5:01 pm
hey guys hopefully someone can help me with this one. When i load a music video into the player on virtual, the title and artist of the song is showing on the window, and stays up the whole length of the song. I dont know why that is happening its never happend to me before any ideas??

Posted Tue 23 Jan 07 @ 3:48 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Go to the video tab in the config and uncheck the show artist and title.

Posted Tue 23 Jan 07 @ 4:05 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)