Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: hijack this thread.......

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

everybody take a turn talking about the fun, cool, positive events for you in 2006

Posted Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 5:15 am
Dumped Final Scratch for VDJ, got flamed endlessly for saying that a Mac version would be necessary to penetrate the U.S. professional turntablist and dj markets by people saying that it was irrelevant, inevitably had a Mac version announced in large part because of Atomix's partnering with a major dj equipment manufacturer [Numark], and then ended it all by having a LOAD OF FUN posting on norway's "It's NEW YEARS - "Best Of VDJ Forum Poll" for 2006"
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/62484/General_Discussion/It_s_NEW_YEARS_-__Best_Of_VDJ_Forum_Poll__for_2006.html?highlight=best%20of

That's pretty much 2006 in a nutshell for me. =P

ConQuest

Oh yeah... hijacked a lot of threads that didn't request to be hijacked. ;)

Posted Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 7:17 am
GOT VIRTUAL!

Nuff said.

Posted Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 10:45 am
Phatt BPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Got VDJ

Had my frist gig with a mate

Got up to an experienced user

And lots of other stuff!

Was a pretty good year for me

Posted Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 11:04 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
got alot of consultancy work on sound tech

used vdj in 3 large live sound events

ie plays and speaches for fx and backing

went from pro user to mod :-)

just about fully compita certifed
tests next week

got alot of new gear (full studio)

so all good :-)

aslo almost 18 oh yeh :--)!

Posted Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 12:07 pm
Bought the pro version and stopped using the cracked version

Compleated Automotive Repair Technician apprenticeship. Got a BIG raise. Now Inter-provincially Licened (licence is reconized in every province - well except for Quebec, Insert dance of joy)

Got Promo'ed to Experienced User (insert dance of happiness)

Quit Working at the Strip club and only now work at the Purple Onion and Shop/day job (insert dance of indifference)

Finally relented and let My GF move in. (insert dance of gettting laid)

Y'know
The Stuff of Life

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion NightClub

Posted Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 5:44 pm
i have 2 daughters and one is a little older than sky and the other a little younger.... Kelly is the younger and she had an amazing year ...... for the 3rd or 4th year in a row she hasn't missed a day and had str8 A's at school ,she's a junior ......by invitation she took and got an A in a course at Princeton University , she is active in both of the major theatre groups in Philadelphia , went on a one week tour ,she is one of only 17 kids that was invited to join the youth troupe (members are from the nj, pa, and de tri state areas) besides having a respected acting dancing or vocal coach nominate you , they have to have better than average grades. When she was inducted into the national honor society she sang the national anthem a' capella; i had heard her practicing and i told her she should go for it and do that fancy flourish at the end and hit the high D (a lot like what Whitney Houston did at the super bowl ) and she nailed it.....afterwards her principal introduced me to the superintendent of schools. They encouraged me to be active with her in the alumni community after she graduated......I told them that i would need help financially because she already gets offers from the most prestigious schools and they said they would be happy to help and provide advice and letters of reccomendation, that she could get scholarships for all of her activities, and don't worry you can do it. That was one of the high notes for my life . I am very glad these things happened now because I still have a year until she graduates....Then they said a couple of things that really floored me. I know she's one of the best students now...they said that she is a valedictorian candidate but she probably can't win.....I said how can thatbe and they explained that statistically since all of her competitors take less classes that it is easier for them to win....then they said that they have never had a student do some of the things that she does ....like what?? well they never had anybody take the maximum 8 classes everyday since day 1....she takes 8 advanced placement classes.....out of a possible ....8 normally students take 6 classes plus lunch plus study hall ,.....all of hers are advanced placement plus she doesn't take lunch or study hall.......then they allow an accomodation for her that hasn't been done before....they just let her eat her vegan lunch during her latin class with her teachers permission....this consists of food she made herself to take to school brownbagging it i gave her her own little refrigerator it's not one of those mini cube things but it's smallish like 11cubic ft i think......it's small for a frig but it's not a dormitory cube .....anyway she also the youngest P.E.T.A. member i know.....i drop her off at the anti Kentucky Fried Chicken protest ....i have to leave for work so i give her my most sage advice......try not to get arrested.......or not....lol.........it's a little different but we have fun

Posted Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 7:23 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
well best of luck to them all and you :-)!

Posted Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 7:37 pm
Another year of getting paid to play music! 26 and in the best city in the world...CHICAGO! Had to have been the best summer of my life...beach, baseball, babes, bikes, and booze by day....Got paid to play music and hang out with my friends at night. Never had to wake up and go to a day job!

2007...Got a few partners together to invest in our own bar! Hopefully 2 places!

Posted Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 7:53 pm
i've been a full time dj for 2 years now which isn't real long but i love it.......i work a lot of hours at a strip club and don't pretend to be a saint but i will recommend the following.....be careful about the babes and the booze......i didn't say don't do it , i just said be careful that's all....... congratulations on your success as a fulltime dj . goodluck with your bars, i know your successful experience as a dj can be very helpful in that

Posted Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 8:43 pm
dance of getting laid.....is that one of the visual effects plug ins??

Posted Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 9:06 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Became the best DJ in the world....but you know I don't like to show off ;).

Posted Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 12:11 am
chucknorrisyouwimps wrote :
dance of getting laid.....is that one of the visual effects plug ins??

That's the only extra fee subcription service

Posted Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 2:36 am
i dated every playboy bunny, then dumped 'em, just fer the halibut.....

Posted Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 4:27 am
chucknorrisyouwimps wrote :
i dated every playboy bunny, then dumped 'em, just fer the halibut.....

So you're the one they all run to after I break their hearts.

You're the infamous sloppy seconds, "rebound" man.

;)

Posted Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 4:46 am
Marcel, the laid dance should never be performed to the "One more minute" video........

Posted Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 5:22 am

Posted Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 8:15 am
NO biggie - I take as well as I give - keep your minds out of the gutter

You're standing on my head

Posted Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 11:26 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)