Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: LowPass Filter with Variable Knob

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Can someone Design a LowPass/Highpass Filter with Variable Knob specifically for the BCD2000 controller. The Isolator Plug in for VDJ inst working properly because there are way too many crackles, and pops in that plug in.

Posted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 5:50 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I've added my old low- and high-pass plugin yesterday; it will be uploaded on this site in a short time (I hope). It has only one slider for both low and high pass. I've personally linked it to my Mk2 jogwheels (via custom mapper) and it's cool!

Posted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 8:23 pm
Ok that would be great ... thats what i'm looking for kinda like the Plugin in DSS DJ

Posted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 9:42 pm
flavoredbreaks wrote :
Ok that would be great ... thats what i'm looking for kinda like the Plugin in DSS DJ

That's why I've made it...

Posted Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 1:26 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
flavoredbreaks wrote :
You always make the best plugins... Thanks for your efforts and hard work... if you can get that to me quicker send to djnikkofb@yahoo.com

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/download.html?addon_id=2868

Btw, great work TexZK! Finally a useful filter for 4.x effect engine. Should be upgraded to support resonance as a second parameter ;)

Posted Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 6:38 pm
I love this plugin because it is easy, less confusing and straight to the point. If there is a 4.x update and a non-3.4 hack that would be awesome. It would make the plugin more stable..

Posted Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 8:13 pm
Thanks guys ;D

I'm sorrry but unfortunately there's no support for FFTs in VDJ 4.x plugins anymore. I've tried to implement my own FFTs by using FFTW 3.1.2 ( http://www.fftw.org ), but the test plugin can'be loaded... I don't know why, but after linking its .LIB to the plugin, VDJ doesn't let me load it. I thought it was a VC++ 2005 problem (like other times with DJ Cel), but also with the old good rock-solid VC++ 6.0 it can't be loaded. By not linking that library it can be loaded...

However, I could make a separate low-pass and high-pass filter, maybe with a resonance factor. This means I must use the Laplace transform, which I've just studied at school in Electronics. Anyway, there are already two plugins which can do this: one is the famous TK Filter v2, and the other is called Filters.

I think Atomix MUST include a NATIVE (and well optimised, maybe with FFTW) filter to VDJ, reachable from the skin (and consequently from SendAction() in mappers), like in Traktor.

Posted Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 10:25 pm
If you can make the plugin NATIVE to VDJ skins (Miniscratch 1280x800, or Dac3 v4.1 1280x800) I think that would be the best bet. I love that feature especially since I use TCV, and the BCD controller. I don't have $800.00 for a Pioneer Mixer, or a sound effect module... Thanks again for the Plugin.... and for taking time out of your day to make it.

Posted Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 4:40 pm
Damn, I have not changed the plugin image :$ I'll update it with a correct icon.

However, I can't itegrate it with the skin; the best I can do is using FX parameters on the skin, but not NATIVE... As I said, I'd love a native filter like Traktor's one...

Posted Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 8:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)