Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: It's NEW YEARS - "Best Of VDJ Forum Poll" for 2006 - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

that's the stuff of a great video.....instead of white n nerdy maybe white n fuming

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 4:20 pm
ConQuest wrote :

Poster who has hijacked the most threads and turned them into Mac vs. windows flame fests (quite possibly this one now): That would be me. =P

hehe ;)

true! And good self-irony ConQuest...hehe

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 4:28 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Test of the year: poop effects of tcv signal posted by maczach

maczach wrote :
I ran my own tests today

1. Using Serato tcv I wiped my ass twice with it and then tried to play them the record smelled really bad but it did skip a bit when it hit the whole chunks of corn now stuck to the record.

2. Using the VDJ gen-2's I again wiped my ass with them twice I noticed that my poo didn't stick to it as well as the serato tcvs so it was less prone to skipping but it was thrown off track when it hit the chunks of corn

The Fart test

Basically i eat a whole pound of cheese then drink a case of coke. On occasion I've been able to get almost 100DB out of just one fart.

1. Serato tcv's I farted 85db near the needle I think the results were skewed as i decided to up by having a totally naked ass. As a result the needle was blown clear off the record and the needle landed in the middle of a corn chunk from the previous test.

2. Gen2 tcv's I must of tried a little two hard because I did get 122 db fart with my naked ass near the needle but some poo splatterd onto the headshell. giving it extra weight to mantain tracking until it hit the corn chuck from the previous test.

All in all through all my testing I would say both are responding about the same also no matter how much you chew corn it always comes out whole.

I shall resume testing tomorrow.

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 4:30 pm

loool ;))

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 4:32 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
chucknorrisyouwimps wrote :
i did read the djnutz rant over and over......it is priceless i think he should learn to not hold back and just say what he really feels....lol

i just about spit out my coffee.......learn to sing, learn to play.....here's 2 bucks go buy a clue.......cds up the ass what's not to like??

DJNutz is my hero for that quote... I'm gonna print that out and stick it to the wall in the booth.

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 4:40 pm

Newcommers of the year Americans

They really came by numbers to VDJ this year.. Guess our US office, and Numark is doing something right ;)) hehe

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 4:46 pm

Topic from yearlier years that did not make it in 2006 "Laptop djs arent real djs" (runner up : " No star djs use computer software at gigs")

There are two topics from yearlier year, that landed flat on the face ;) hehe..
Computers in dj booth is fairly common by now .. .

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 4:48 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
LOL what a love fest this has turned out,

Most Controversial/arguementative Character of 2006:
A man and his music

Runner Up: Conquest

Most Diplomatic Character of 2006:
DJ in Norway

Runner Up: Skyfxl

The Most 'Refresh' Happy user of the Forum 2006:
Skyfxl

Runners Up: DJ-in-Norway, Me (well at least during holidays).

The Most active Non-Licence user 2006:
chucknorrisyouwimps

The Most Guilty of mentioning competitors products 2006
PaulHeu

Runner Up: Anewsome

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 4:55 pm

heeh... good one ;)

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 4:56 pm
Wow! This has been quite entertaining. What a lively bunch we DJ's are. May the new year bring us all A Mac version of VDJ. Happy New Year!

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 8:20 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Bagpuss wrote :

The Most 'Refresh' Happy user of the Forum 2006:
Skyfxl

hehe

my f5 key has flown off

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 8:32 pm
hey, just had to nominate myself for best dj-in-norway parody....

that was sort of funny

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 9:13 pm
hehe :--)!

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 9:35 pm
Steve Lynch wrote :
hey, just had to nominate myself for best dj-in-norway parody....

that was sort of funny

YEA ;that and the countdown for 4.0.... Now even i might have beat skyfxl on refreshing the page that day. lol

fastest promotion from user to vip to moderator:SKYFXL...CONGRADS ON YET MORE STARS

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 10:02 pm
thanks !:-)

i shall do my best to uphold the honor of atomix!

and now i can go back and correct all of my terrible grammer and spelling errors :-)!

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 10:04 pm
Hey I made the list!!! Yay lol
MOST WORST PC TO USE VDJ ON: DELL DELL DELL DELL DELL DELL DELL

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 11:06 pm
please dont swear in the forum mr discobrian!

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 11:09 pm
Oh my So Sorry Sky DELL DELL DELL DELL

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 11:10 pm
discobrian24 wrote :
Oh my So Sorry Sky DELL DELL DELL DELL

Oh, to Dell with it. discobrian's going straihjt to Dell for so much profanity. Ah Dell, now I'm doing it. ;)

But to be more accurate:

MOST WORST PC TO USE VDJ ON: A windows pc. =P

bottomend wrote :
Wow! This has been quite entertaining. What a lively bunch we DJ's are. May the new year bring us all A Mac version of VDJ. Happy New Year!

Agreed!!! (to the entire post, but especially the part in bold). ;)

dj-in-norway wrote :
Newcommers of the year Americans.]/b They really came by numbers to VDJ this year...Guess our US office, and Numark is doing something right ;)) hehe

Newcommer of the year to North America: VDJ.

I haven't seen ANY advertising for Atomix VDJ or Numark VV. I just happen to stumble across VDJ because I was just interested in finding out what the Hercules MK2 was all about.

My interest in the MK2 grew when I saw that it supported TCV's with an upgrade to VDJ Pro, then VDJ's potential to be a serious contender against SSL here in the U.S. upon hearing the news that Numark had chosen it as it's software AND that there would be a Mac version.

That's how I became a VDJ user AND active supporter. =)

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 11:50 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :

Topic from yearlier years that did not make it in 2006 "Laptop djs arent real djs" (runner up : " No star djs use computer software at gigs")

There are two topics from yearlier year, that landed flat on the face ;) hehe..
Computers in dj booth is fairly common by now .. .

That's NO JOKE!

I started bringing my (sorry, but I didn't know about VDJ and I'm a TCV user... FinalScratch) set-up to all my clubs and mobile gigs back in early '04 (I bought it in October '03 but I waited 6 months so I could digitize my most used music), and I took a lot of heat from my turntablist/dj partners and friends for almost 2 years.

Now they're ALL digital dj's. That mostly changed in '06. A few started back in late '05.

I was just having this discussion with my partner Icy Ice (owner of Stacks Vinyl record stores, and my dj partner from LEGEND Entertainment, Beat Junkies, and 93.5 KDAY) and we were both talking about how everyone in our circle (battle turntablists and serious quick/trick mix club dj's) switched almost "overnight".

I've got pictures of the monthly "NightLife" Beat Junkie event that I took back in November. EVERY turntablist/dj has... drumroll please... A MAC running... another drumroll please... SSL.

But we'll change that to be VDJ and/or Virtual Vinyl starting this year Atomix and Numark. =)

I've already been fighting the VDJ vs. SSL battle out here with high profile/celebrity turntablists/dj's (I only need the TCV response and the actual TCV's to be as good as SSL), just like I fought the digital vs. analog dj battle for 2 years before digital won in the past year.

Another famous battle I fought years before it's time: iPod vs. EVERY other mp3 player. Bought my 1st iPod [$399 for a 5 GB] on the FIRST day that it was available at my local computer store, November 4th... 2001!!! At that time 2 years later, iPod's dominance was undeniable, but I sure did get a lot of $h!t from EVERYONE for 2 years who were saying that the iPod was "just another overpriced Apple product that was destined to fail.

They ALL have iPods now... LOL!!! ;)

Most late to a New Year's gig because he's addicted to posting on VDJ forums: ConQuest

CRAP... I didn't want to win that category... I GOTTA GO!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

- ConQuest

Posted Mon 01 Jan 07 @ 12:38 am
79%