Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ Video

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

myselfPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi
In order to get video from VDJ onto a tv or projector do I a special graphics card?
I am now looking to utilise the video side of VDJ into my gigs and would like to know where to start.
Many thanks in advance.
Craig

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 3:37 pm
You will need a graphics card with TV out on it for this. Most of the latest cards have this, although I would recommend a high spec card as video takes processing power.

As long as the projector has an input for S-Video, you should be able to hook this up in much the same way.

Mykel

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 4:37 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
on a laptop or pc?

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 5:13 pm
I use a shuttle small form factor pc. Unfortunatley it only has one PCI slot and that is taken up by the soundcard! I will have to look at getting an external graphics card...if there is such a thing.

2.5Gig AMD processor
2x120gig hd
1gig ram
soundblaster card

Thanks

edit-

I have an AGP slot free and can have read that I can put a graphics card in here! Great! Which card would you recommend?

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 5:20 pm

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 5:38 pm
good job sky....

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 10:06 pm
ta :)

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 12:49 am
Also, the size matters. Some of the new high end cards are longer. I am building a new SFF, and may have to mod my case. Just got this case, and have not yet picked the card. After reading the reviews of the case, I can only put in a 8" card. Some of the cards are 9", so I will have to make an adjustment, if I use one of these. I would have been pissed, if I did not know this in advance. Great job skyfxl.

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 1:31 am
yes its true size does matter;) lol

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 1:40 am
Thanks skyfxl for pointing me in the direction of your article. Very interesting! I'll go now and choose one which matches my case spec and budget. At least I am armed with some good info.
Thanks again guys!
Craig

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 1:12 pm
good luck :-)

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 1:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)