Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Napster Download On VDJ- Ratings?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

nat1992Home userMember since 2006
Hi i am Djing at a party tonight and may subscribe to Napster to pull off a few songs if requested, how easy to use is the global database and have any of you had any problems with it?
Thanks

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 12:44 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
are you using the demo?

its not hard :) just find a song and download it

should work fine for you :)

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 12:45 pm
how do you use the demo and could i use it for the party or would i have to subscribe to use it?

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 12:47 pm
& is the demo free, how long does is last and does it have restricted access and download limits?
Thanks

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 12:54 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
the demo is full for 20 days

some songs on napster are free (but for best results subscription is required)

i would recomend downloading songs before , and not during a party

incase you have problems with internet

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 1:36 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Yeah, download off napster in advance, don't rely on the global database to work even with a good connection, cos 9 times out of 10 it doesn't!

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 3:11 pm
Ok thanks, i now have the demo to try it out but my global database has totaly dissappeared from next to local database and that folder, how can i get it back?

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 3:43 pm
wireless downloads are probably not gonna work for you during a gig....wired ones might, but most people will experience stuttering when the anti virus scans. i send request sheets out with my contracts but i do more than just ask them to fill them out i give them incentives. if they give me 25 or more requests with the names of who likes them they can get $25 off the NEXT time they book me. after awhile you can have a big list of tunes they like......

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 4:34 pm
Not sure about the demo, but there is an option in config to hide global database.

Mykel

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 4:35 pm
while we're on the topic.......i never tried this yet w/ vdj cuz i've gotten used to NOT being able to do it with Traktor.....you can dl wma's w/ drm and then just drag n drop into vdj and play ????? jeez that's too easy .... i feel kinda ripped off.....lol

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 4:49 pm
i don't know how familiar you are w/ vdj or any other Professional DJ software but......I personally will not go live with anything whether hardware or software unless i have been familiarizing myself with it for at least 4 days all the way up to , say, 2 months.....when i got Traktor I didn't use it live for about 2 months ..... when i did finally use it i was prepared to bail out if need be and go with winamp......

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 5:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)