Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: One TCV pitch reset in 4,2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djirschPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi,

I have been waiting impatiently for version 4.2 to get the fix for the pitch reset when switching from deck 1 to deck 2 when using only one TCV. Now the history mention that it is fixed, a staff member told me that it would be fixed in the next release which is 4.2, but I still have the exact same problem when I switch from deck1 to deck2 the pitch go back to zero! I have tried all the setting once again just to be sure but the bug is still there.

Does someone else still have the problem?

Thanks

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 4:56 am

You have to engage the timecode on the other deck, before you disengage the timecode control on the first deck.

In other words, timecode control must always be on.

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 5:17 am
Hi,

it is not possible to do so in one TCV mode since the control is exclusive so you cannot activate both at the same time.

This feature was ok in 3.4 but as never worked since then... I need it since I only use 1 turntable.

Thanks

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 6:06 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
You have to click the other decks tcv enable, not just disable the 1st deck.

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 6:09 am
Hi again,

it is not possible to activate both deck at the same time when in single TCV which make sense.

So here is what I do activate TCV on deck 1, adjust the pitch to +8%. Now you can deactivate the TCV on deck 1 which return the pitch to zero or activate the TCV on the deck 2 but activating the TCV on deck 2 automatically deactivate the TCV one deck 1 which return the pitch to zero anyway.

So basically it is normal to be able to only activate one deck at the time in single TCV mode, but the pitch should not reset when switching from one deck to the other.

P.S.: The pitch modification is done on the turntable not using the GUI.

Thanks

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 8:27 am

Are you saying that activating deck2 automatically disactivate deck1 ?

Shouldn't.. It should activate BOTH decks, then you disactivate the deck you dont want to control.

This way pitch should be kept

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 4:53 pm
Hi,

[dj-in-norway]
Are you saying that activating deck2 automatically disactivate deck1 ?
Shouldn't.. It should activate BOTH decks, then you disactivate the deck you dont want to control.
This way pitch should be kept

Yes this is what is happening, do you have the same behavior? If not, could it be related to my old setting? I did a complete re-install of Virtual DJ, but when I reinstall it looks like VDJ remember some of my old setting, what should I delete after the reinstallation to clean the setting? I did uninstall through windows setting and then deleted the folder where VDJ was, it looks like there is another place where data is stored.

Thanks

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 5:11 pm

No, you dont need a reinstall.

Damn, its Xmas so dont have decks here to test...
But it might be that this new feature doesnt work like it should

Can anyone else test?

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 5:38 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hum

same here

i guess you should dissable the timecode on the first deck before you change

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 5:46 pm

Ok, things where rushed a bit to make a surprice Christmas present release, but can anyone verify if it works...

From Dev Team :
you have to be in one-TCV mode, and switch deck by activating the other deck's TCV. If you deactivate one deck's TCV, it will reset to zero (otherwise one would have no way to remove the pitch correction if you stop using TCVs)

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 6:14 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
il have another try let u know soon

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 6:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)