Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: video screen needed

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

anybody no where I can find a video screen that is portable and will let me show the image from the rear. Im going full video in 2007.. must be portable

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 1:34 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
what do you mean :)?

image from the rear?

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 1:35 am

Get a screen and a rear projector;)

Or prefferably one that can do any angle

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 1:38 am
I dont want people walking in front of the projector. I need to put it on a table next to me and shoot the video onto the screen from behind

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 1:41 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
use a peice of canvas to shine a projector onto it from behind :)

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 1:42 am

rear projection.. most can do that :)

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 1:43 am
Unless you have a zillion dollars you are probably unlikely to find a suitable screen commercially available. I already do what you are hoping to do in 2007 but I had to make my own rear projection screen. Here's the good part mine cost me no more than $30 and it out performs my $500 home screen. Simply get hold of some white nylon taffeta (sp?) ie: bath shower curtain and some framing timber. Make up a frame to as big as you can transport either in 4:3 or Widescreen and then stretch the material over the frame and use a staple gun to secure. Be sure to stretch the nylon evenly so that it is flat but not too tight as to warp your frame. Put some black trim around the edges to hide the staples and to make the frame look snazzy and some mounting hooks across the top. If you have some lighting bars then simply mount your screen between the two of them and put your projector behind. Works a treat for me. Best part is that it is waterproof (it's shower curtain) so you dont have to worry if it gets wet, you can use it outdoors and you can easily wash it if it gets dirty. Downside is that it is bulky (but not heavy) and in rear projection you do get a bit of glare from the projector at certain angles. As a front projection screeen though it's absolutely brilliant.

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 9:29 pm
Gee... You can just Go to the dollar store and got the majority of the supplies Fount or back projector...

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 9:43 pm
fastfold screen works for me
setup in minutes
rear screen for me
my projector is set for rear but it can switch to fron if space is limited
good luck

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 1:23 am
Go here, and then here, and then here. If you can, get one that will do both, front and back. I forgot one. OK, just to be on the safe side one more.

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 1:44 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)