Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Question about recording mixes

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm sure this question has been asked somewhere in this forum, but I urgently need an answer.
I just recently started using the VDJ home edition with the Hercules DJ console, and I've been trying to record a mix. Since VDJ only records "live" , I have'nt been able to complete a mix session without screwing it up, and there is no way to go back and fix your mistakes, unless you erase and re-record all over again. Is there an upgradable version of VDJ or another software that is compatable with the Herc DJ console that I can use to save and edit my mixes?

Thanks.

Posted Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 6:33 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
try a free audio editor

such as audacity to clean up mistakes

or record over your recording :)

load it up and add the songs you wanted at that point or the fx ect

Posted Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 6:36 pm
This is not the answer you are looking for... but it may be the answer you need.

The point of a recording of your mix, to me at least, is to hear after the fact how you did in your mix. I *feel* that VDJ is for 'live' recording, not remixing (although I know it can be used to remix a track)

I often spend time working out a set, and when i feel I have it close enough to what I want I open up the playlist and play/record it. This gives me a chance to tighten up as I play the final version.

I play with VDJ as an assumption that I am playing live before an audience and if I screw up... they're gonna notice. So with that assumption I tend to be more aware of what I am doing. It takes practice.. and more practice that I put in. But some of my recordings are a blast to listen to, and that's a nice moment. ...of course, there are the Train Wreck moments I have heard on recordings that I didnt notice while playing... but live n learn

I use ACID and Sound Forge to work with remixes and fixing sound files. They are GREAT tools if you can afford them.

Peace,
James Rose
New York City

Posted Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 7:21 pm
I use cool edit pro v1.2a not a bad multitrack editor/recorder.

It's a Basic home recordcing /editor for multitracking. You can record your mixes , punch in and out to fix up mistakes And with cue ponjits cut up your mix into pre edited tracks for making a continuos long play cd mix similar to the old chris shepard cd's or Mc Mario and such

it isn;t terribly expesive and most music pro shops will have the lastest version. I think it's been re-named but I'm not sure

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion NightClub

Posted Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 8:49 pm
Thanks 4 the tips guys.

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 4:35 am
Babylonsystem, are you a yardie? Just curious because of your username.

Bless

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 5:06 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)