Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: When is Virtual vynil coming out?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I also wanna take a poll to see if i'm the only one who wants support for SSL vynil. Cause honeslty, it'll definetely earn VDJ more customers, besides that, they're just great. I just installed 4.2 like 2hrs ago & i've been messing with it. Kudos to the team. The new pitch sensitivity option is definetely a nice feature. I compared the scratch sound quality between SSL & VDJ & to me they're identical & the latency is identical. This is all with the SL-1 box. All we need is better TCV's.

And why does vdj overwrite the bpm's I had already analysed with mixmeister? I have both read id3 tags & write tags disabled in the option menu. We need Id3 support too. yeah i'm bitchin' but what the hell?

Posted Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 3:01 pm
Mantahoe wrote :

I compared the scratch sound quality between SSL & VDJ & to me they're identical & the latency is identical. This is all with the SL-1 box. All we need is better TCV's.

Exactly ;)

And agree with you, and we all do....

* NEW timecode vinyls are in the makings
* Support for OTHER vinyls is being considerated
* ID3tag and other browser features is also on the list of ideas.

I hope all make it;)

As for BPM's from Mixmeister, they where never in VDJ the first place right?
You used the Database updater tool ?
You can do that again, just export the Catalogue from Mixmeister, and use the import tool to have Mixmeister BPM's in VDJ...

(BTW, the update will only work for files that are ALREADY analyzed in VDJ, or else the tool dont have a BPM value to replace)

Posted Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 5:07 pm
I didn't know about the database updater tool, i'm gonna try out what you just said. thanks. All the other queries above would be like a dream come true if addressed. Cheers Norway.

Posted Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 6:18 pm
support for SSL would be huge!

all of my DJ friends in LA love VDJ but theyre hung up on the Turntablist stuff.

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 12:34 am
So only two people? Me & Tmac?

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 6:13 am
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I really don't think there's a downside to fully supporting SSL vinyls in VDJ - unless selling TCV's is a large part of your business, which I doubt. I think VDJ should make the switch, then market it as a feature - I'm sure lots of SSL users would make the switch to better software!!

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 6:47 am
Thank you, let's get more people. Let's start a mfkin riot in this bi**h!

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 7:39 am
Funky-TPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Yes....make the change, better TC vinyl or for sure make it work with SSL.
In a short time all the clubs will have one computer with VDJ and TCV and imagine the "DJ" will have to show up with only one external hard drive usb/firewire with his own TCV's and his own "VDJ Profile".
...and the party is on

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 5:52 pm
Funky-T wrote :
In a short time all the clubs will have one computer with VDJ and TCV and imagine the "DJ" will have to show up with only one external hard drive usb/firewire with his own TCV's and his own "VDJ Profile".
...and the party is on

mmmm... that would be great!

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 5:53 pm

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 9:51 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
if VDJ supports both the SL-1 and the SSL vinyls, both 100% with full functions like needle drop etc they will be on to such a winner.

got an SSL settup? try this demo that works PERFECTLY with your existing settup, no need to do anything but instal. say hi to key lock, smart looping, video mixing, effects, sampler the list goes on.

if it was that simple, any SSL user would be DUMB not to atleast try out the demo

not to mention the fact that i could get red and blue vinyl to match the skins, how cool

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 12:25 am
Yeah man, Can you imagine all the possibilities?

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 1:42 am
;)

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 1:57 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)