Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: video software guru needed for this 1...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Easy question for video software users...

Vegas Video is great, but they don't support .vob files even though in most cases you can load .vob in and use it. Every so often the audio plays but the vidoe freezes when using vegas video with a .vob. Not a surprise since those types are not supported.

One way I'd like to get around this is by converting the .vob to Mpeg 2, then loading it into Vegas and seeing. Do you know a downloadbale program that I can easly covert .vob to mpeg 2?

thanks!

B

Posted Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 9:44 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I think all you have to do is change the extension to .mpg before you load it into Vegas.

Posted Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 10:11 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
a converstion program

just change .vob to .mpg

should do the trick

make sure your windows is set to see all extensions though.

Posted Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 10:11 pm
HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hmmm. it didn't change my result. Video still freezes, audio plays in Vegas. next I'll try truly converting it from .VOB to mpeg 2 and see what happens.. stay tuned if you'd like.

Posted Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 11:13 pm
.vob is mpeg-2! By changing the extension, you are truly converting it to mpeg-2... you don't get it, they're one in the same... I also have the same problems with vegas....

IMHO vegas is not the best app for that... I found a $24.00 program called splitmovie that is made for direct editing of any format, including .vob, avi, mpeg, etc...

cool thing is, it will output the finished product in any format you want!

-Steve

Posted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 12:45 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)