Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Mac OS X driver package for DJ Console MK2 - Version 3.0

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

We're geting there slowly but surely Mac users... just gotta get VDJ for Mac and all will be good. =)

ENJOY!

(from the Hercules website): http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=2&fid=28&pid=177&cid=1

This driver package lets DJ Console MK2

- Control your DJ software as a MIDI controller (for software with a MIDI learning mode)
- Operate as a DJ sound card by using the DJ control panel.

With this driver package, you can mix with DJ Console MK2 in Traktor DJ Studio 2.5 and 3.0 with the TKS preset files.

Minimum System Requirements:

- G4/G5 1.5 Ghz OR Intel Core Duo 1.66 Ghz and higher

- MAC OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or later

- 512 Mb RAM

ftp://ftp.hercules.com/sound/exe/DJConsoleMK2/HDJS_Tiger_3_0.pkg.zip

Posted Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 10:06 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
very good news indeed :)

Posted Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 10:54 am
Just got done using my Hercules MK2 dj console on Mac OS X with Traktor DJ Studio 3 using my old Final Scratch TCV's on my turntables .

DAMN I MISS RESPONSIVE TCV's, QUICK SOFTWARE, AND BEING ABLE TO REALLY SCRATCH!

Video's cool, but like I've said before, it's just a bonus feature to real turntablists. The audio comes FIRST and vinyl manipulation needs to be as good as true vinyl. NO COMPROMISES.

Don't even get me started on how much more responsive just the console is by itself running on Mac OS X either. Since I had never been able to use the MK2 on Mac until now, I didn't get to experience how good that little piece of equipment actually is.

The jog wheels are EXTREMELY fluid and consistent, and just a couple of spins forward or backward gets you to the beginning or end of a track without ANY hiccups or stuttering, audibly OR visually.

Now the true test of VDJ will be when the Mac version comes out because then I'll be able to see if it's slower on windows than Mac, therefore proving that a lean, non-bloated OS makes a difference in performance, or if it's the same on windows or Mac therefore proving that it's VDJ's programming that's causing the lack of response.

I really hope that it's not Atomix's programming and that it's the OS as I suspect. I want VDJ / Virtual Vinyl to kick some major butt in this industry!

Posted Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 2:42 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
tis the asio drivers which make the card not the os;)

Posted Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 3:26 pm
skyfxl wrote :
tis the asio drivers which make the card not the os;)

Oh, I know the drivers make a difference.

But so does well coded software, whether it's an OS or an application.;)

Gotta remove, or at least reduce the bottlenecks.

Good drivers on a lean OS running a well coded application is certainly gonna run better than the same drivers on a bloated OS with a poorly coded application.

I just want to see where my bottleneck is. The OS or the application.

Posted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 2:57 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)