Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: HELP HELP HELP KEEP CRASHING USING V4 [ SOLVED - DEDICATED RAM GFX CARD NEEDED]

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

CODHEADHome userMember since 2006
HI Guys

Can anyone help got version 4 running on my new system but having big probs with cpu usage causing mega video/karaoke problems, had numerous crashes over last 2 weeks, been throught the bugs pages and turned almost everything off not much else left. my only though from here is that the video card is not enough as its 256mb shared anyone any ideas

Intel Pentium 4 3.2Ghz, Socket 775 Processor
ASRock 775-DUAL-VSTA Socket 775 Motherboard (Supports new Core 2 Processors, and is Vista ready making it future compatible)
1Gb DDR RAM!

Nvidia GeForce 6200 LE Graphics Card! (256Mb Shared Memory)

Posted Mon 18 Dec 06 @ 11:27 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
256Mb Shared Memory

i suspect this is the cause of your problem

shared memory cards are bad news as they supliment memory from ram and lack some multimedia features

do you have hardware excel on?

Posted Tue 19 Dec 06 @ 12:34 am
no have to turn hardware excel off to play video, problems only start once i display vidon secondry monitor, cpu bar is fine till then but once video appears on 2nd screen things really start goin crazy which graphics card would you recomend

Posted Tue 19 Dec 06 @ 8:02 am
have just purchased a 512 dedicated will update once its installed and tested hopefully all will be ok after that

Posted Tue 19 Dec 06 @ 6:15 pm
good luck mate !

Posted Tue 19 Dec 06 @ 10:31 pm
need it installed the card ati radeon x1650 pro but now cant get secondary monitor to work its there in settings but everytime i place a tick in the enable desktop bow and apply it just wont work unticks the box and no ifo on screen...slowly losing it here

Posted Tue 19 Dec 06 @ 10:43 pm
It is an ATI problem, use the little DVI to SVGA adapter and put your monitor on the DVI side and use the s-video as normal. I know this as I spent time on the phone with ATI awhile back.

Posted Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 4:00 am
you are an absolute star mate thanks for that just tried it and working like a dream now the worst bit putting everything back together in the flightcase

merry chrimbo

steve

Posted Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 6:15 pm
:)

Posted Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 7:21 pm
No problem. OH SWEET I am Experienced now!! LOL

Posted Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 11:45 pm
welldone:)

Posted Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 11:47 pm
Maybe this could be a sticky to the ATI users using the X1x00 video cards. Obviously this doesn't affect the cards with the dual DVI and S-Video cards.

Posted Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 11:49 pm
mentioned this to a few friends that build systems for others and none of them have come across this b4 so opened a few folks eyes out there, tell you my system was ready for goin into the big green bin last night until discobrian gave me this solution ...top marks ya clever sod lol

merry chrimbo all ;0)

Posted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 12:26 am
discobrian24 wrote :

OH SWEET I am Experienced now!! LOL

You deserved it ;) Noone have struggled and learned more about VDJ this fall than you ;) hehe
So gave u a little recognition for that fact:)

Posted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 12:46 am
:)

Posted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 12:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)