Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Live Video Feed Working

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I was finally able to enable the live video feed with the program.
The Pete's live feed became a working option when I found a camera that would invert/flip the image. I also tried to contact him to repair the inversion problem but he never replied back to me.
The initial option was to flip the camera and hang it from my trussing or a T bar.
In the course of finding a camera I scored in many ways, a grand slam so to speak.
So I started screwing around with my home video camera and a capture device and found it worked pretty well.

http://www.abcelectronique.com/comparateur/informatique/composant/carte_video/carte_d_acquisition/photos/instant_video_usbav_190_ef_ads_tech.jpg" border="0">

These retail for 50 to 80 bucks and work quite well eliminating the need for a usb or firewire camera.

http://bssc.sel.sony.com/BroadcastandBusiness/DisplayModel?id=72199

As you can see it's not cheap at $1200 MSRP USD.
So I went looking and bid and lost 3 times when finally I won what I wanted on ebay.
If it weren't for some dickhead that wanted to steal it and kicked the price up another $120, I'd have won it for $511.00.
At this point my only other option was a scan converter/switcher that was going to run me at least $1500 and I still didn't have a decent camera.
So this option really solved many problems for me.

The camera will support a wired joystick remote and that will set you back $1500 or so.

FEATURES: An EXview HAD CCD provides 380,000 (EVI-D70)/410,000 (EVI-D70P) effective picture elements (pixels) enabling high-resolution imaging with this camera. The use of VISCA commands allows you to control the camera from a computer. High-speed, wide angle PAN and TILT functions and Image Flip (turning the displayed image upside down) allow the unit to be mounted on the ceiling, broadening the range of uses for this versatile camera. With the addition of external RS-232C communication, RS-422 and VISCA commands provide the ability to remotely control this camera from greater distances. The lens offers an 18x optical zoom feature. Use of a newly developed digital signal processor (DSP) improves the image quality of the digital zoom feature. An IR (infrared) cut filter can be physically removed. In addition, it can be switched on and off automatically, providing the best image quality for a wide range of subjects, from high resolution to brightly lit. Up to six Combinations of camera position and settings can be retained in memory and called up when needed.

The sweet part of this is that we now can eliminate the need for a manned camera and the associated wire trail and signal loss that might go along with extended runs.

My plan is to mount this on top of the trussing in front of my console with the camera mounted sideways to enable IR control. With the 340 degree sweep I can mount it 90 degrees off center to enable the IR and not sacrifice any sweep area at all.

So anyway, I know many of you are needing this and wanted to share my find.
I am out of town until the 15th so I can't even play with it yet, but I will post up some pics when I get it set up and working.

Rick

Posted Sun 10 Dec 06 @ 1:35 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
SWEET!

Posted Sun 10 Dec 06 @ 1:46 pm
hi, what's that converter called (and where did you get it from)? really fancy one of those!

nice camera BTW, bit out of my pricerange though!

Posted Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 6:25 pm
ADS TECHNOLOGIES ADS USB INSTANT VIDEO CAPTURE DEVICE USBAV190

Search your local area for this, not sure about availability in the UK.

Rick

Posted Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 7:44 pm
thanks. :)

If i can find one easily, am thinking of hooking a dvd player up to it so i can show other stuff when i don't have a music video playing.

Posted Sat 16 Dec 06 @ 3:44 am
Rick, at the end of the day this is a 'workaround' and doesn't change the fact that the camera plugin of VDJ doesn't work as it should, surely there's someone out there with the knowledge to either A) Fix the dll in VDJ or B) Write a camera plugin for it.

Posted Sun 17 Dec 06 @ 8:09 pm
You are totally correct.
In fact I have asked....no BEGGED for it without success.

But in the meanwhile, I found a work around and thought I'd share it.

My mistake I guess...me bad.

Rick

Posted Mon 18 Dec 06 @ 3:14 pm
I'm no coder but surely it's an easy fix, can't understand why this bug hasn't been addressed or even properly acknowledged by the dev team. Granted, standard web cams work with it but it's not rocket science to realise that webcams just aren't good enough for what we would all want to do with the 'camera' option in VDJ. In fact to be honest, there are a number of small bugs in 4.1 that really should have been addressed by now, another one being focus taken away from 'browse' windows when loading effects etc (the one where the window disappears behind VDJ)

For the moment I fear the new OTS may be gaining ground on VDJ. It disappoints me most because apart from the minor known bugs 4.1 is rock solid stable on my gig box despite me throwing video, karaoke and tunes into it and regularly changing my mind and swapping playlists about etc.

Bad boy Rick! Don't let it happen again! ;o)

Posted Mon 18 Dec 06 @ 3:52 pm
mp3jrick wrote :
You are totally correct.
In fact I have asked....no BEGGED for it without success.

But in the meanwhile, I found a work around and thought I'd share it.

My mistake I guess...me bad.

Rick

temporay fixesare always a good way to have what you want work whilst waiting for fix to be addressed ..hell if i could afford that camera i would definately junp on it myself(maybe next year)but that capture card might be a good investment for 50 bucks.u could us a normal camcorder ...sweet

Posted Mon 18 Dec 06 @ 9:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)