Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Genuine Windows

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm having some problems with the sound drivers of my computer I think. When I start VDJ, I get the error message 'Error In Sound Driver Of DirectX'. I've been to the website and downloaded the most recent drivers. Any Ideas?

Posted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 11:32 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Have you run the dxdiag (DirectX Diagnostics) and run the Sound Tests? - Go to Start ->Run-> type dxdiag and click OK.
Also, which version of DirectX do you have? - Can be found on the first page of the dxdiag tool
What changed recently? Any new software installs that may have installed an older version of DirectX?

Posted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 11:39 pm
Well, any changes are irrelevent because I just wiped my computer and reinstalled the OS. The only thing on the computer is VDJ and audiograbber. I did this about 5 days ago. I ran a few times, then the error occoured. I went to grab the DirectX drivers online and then installed them. The problem persisted. I then went to update the drivers from the Soundblaster website, and the problem still persisted. I'll try the diagnostic and post what happened. It's late now and I'll do it in the morning. Thanks for the suggestion.

Posted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 9:23 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)