Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: MP3 Automation Program

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Does anyone know of a program that will scan an entire drive, look up the title/artist from CDDB/Gracenote and copy or move the actual MP3 file into a Genre folder

Blackstreet - No Diggity.mp3 --> Automatically moved to a folder called Hip-Hop
DEBBIE DEB - LOOKOUT WEKEND.mp3 --> Automatically moved to a folder called Freestyle
Charlie Cruz-dejala que baile.mp3 --> Automatically moved to a folder called Latin

It's getting to the point where I want to automate the process. In addition, what program do you all use for finding/removing duplicates?

WirelessDJ

Posted Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 5:55 pm
I use a SQL Server 2005 database with a home made application written in .net / c#. In that database I have all my cds and dvds, including Artist and Title. I also created "playlists" for genres and also top 100 year lists. From my file structure this application will create a folder with shortcuts for each playlist.
It also finds duplicates using filenames and filesizes.
If you would like more info, please let me know.
Ewout

Posted Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 6:28 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
thats a good way to do it :)

Posted Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 6:37 pm

Posted Mon 04 Dec 06 @ 1:50 am
Superstom wrote :
I use a SQL Server 2005 database with a home made application written in .net / c#. In that database I have all my cds and dvds, including Artist and Title. I also created "playlists" for genres and also top 100 year lists. From my file structure this application will create a folder with shortcuts for each playlist.
It also finds duplicates using filenames and filesizes.
If you would like more info, please let me know.
Ewout

Where did you source the data for your Top 100 lists. I found some lists at Virgin, but they weren't very comprehensive and the Billboard data is a pay service.

Posted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 2:00 am
@anewsome
Most of the lists I got from here. It is a dutch site but I think you will understand it. If not or if you have questions, please ask. But preferrable in the Music discussion forum. While it is offtopic on this thread.
Ewout

Posted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 7:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)