Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: First CRASH in 3 years

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I jus started using 4.1 out at gigs just a few weeks ago because 3.4 was actually working well so i figured why change...

Well I had my first crash Liva at a gig ever!!!

hears what happened....Playing a song on the left deck....loaded a sound on Decks 2 it was a mini mix I had that was 20 minutes long....as the file was loading I tried playing and skipping ahead....

well the song that was playing started to go into a loop and wouldnt get out....I had to actually hit CTRL ALT DEL and terminate the program in order to get it out...

Has anyone else had this happen....I've scared to continue to use 4.1......or hoping it was just a fluke incident...

Posted Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 2:07 am
chafferPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Sounds like you may need to add some more RAM memory if youre going to play long mixes.

Virtual DJ loads the complete song into RAM, if theres not enough RAM to decompress the song in its entirety, this will happen, I believe!

Posted Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 2:42 am
NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have 2 gigs of ram!!

Posted Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 3:03 am
chafferPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hmm, that sounds like more than enough. Think I read something about the "Max Load feature" it has been mentioned before on these forums, and has something to do with being able to load songs over a certain length!? Be intrested to see what other users say on this.

Posted Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 3:12 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
known problem... and old.
Just avoid to play an audio part that is not loaded in memory.
I'm not saying not to play the file before is fully loaded, just avoid to play the part that is not in memory yet... and you'll be ok.
Vdj has this behaviour from version 1 with freezes and loops, it is just more "sensitive" now in 4.x
Dev team is aware of it.

Posted Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 3:19 am
I concur.... I sometimes load episodes of the chappelle show, or MXC to play during happy hour as just something to watch, and they're sometimes a gig in size. If I try to play a part past the buffer line of what's currently loaded into memory, it will sometimes wipe out...

as long as you don't jump past the loading line, you should be fine...

-Steve

Posted Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 7:02 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 11:08 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
For really large files ...just don't use them live..
(until a fix come out)
That's my only advice.

Posted Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 4:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)