Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: NEED ADVICE on what sound card to get!!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ok first let me start off by saying i've been playing with virtual dj on the pc and its freekin sweet!! now i wanna incorporate that into my current turntable set up. i have 2 sldz1200 turntables and a shmz1200 mixer. but now i wanna use them on virtual dj. and need to know whats the best external sound card to get. i've heard about the U46DJ, is it good? cuz i'm going to need to scratch as well as mix. also a few questions about virtual dj...since i have the 2 turntables and 2 players on the VDJ program, does that give me a total of 4 players? cuz if it does, then that'll be sweet considering my turntables have a different 'scratching' sound. and if i'm playing a time coded cd and i move the pitch control up or down on my turntable, will it also go up and down on the vdj program??? i didnt see that on the scratching video but i think it would be easier for me to just do it on the turntable. i just wanna test it out this set up with a sound card on my pc before i go out and buy a laptop to carry around with. any help would be appreciated.

Posted Sat 02 Dec 06 @ 7:37 pm
u got it right dude, u46 dj is good for tts and tcv, wich is time coded vinyl, ps, are those 1200s u mentioned technics?

Posted Sat 02 Dec 06 @ 8:30 pm
yes theyre technics but they dont use vinyl, they're the digital turntables that use cd's. do these still work with VDJ?

Posted Sat 02 Dec 06 @ 8:34 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Sat 02 Dec 06 @ 10:13 pm
hey sky u beat me i was gonna post a link to tccd lolllllllllll, theres always next time.

Posted Sat 02 Dec 06 @ 10:43 pm
i live on here lol

Posted Sat 02 Dec 06 @ 10:46 pm
ok thanx for y'alls help!!! i dont know if y'all are familiar with Texas's own Screwed & Chopped style but thats the kinda stuff i do. imma see what VDJ can do to help me out. theres NOTHING like making a live screwed n chopped mixtape at a party.

Posted Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 12:04 am
ur most welcome i wish u the best of luck :)

Posted Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 12:15 am
OK i dont have the external usb sound card yet but i did manage to connect the turntable to my sound card thru the line-in jack on the computer. I got it to work BUT its kinda slow. when the song is playing and the turntable is spinning and i press down on the platter while its spinning, it takes about a second for the software to recognize it. i played with the settings but none of them are too responsive. i'm trying to scratch with this but its kinda hard if its not synced up. if anybody can help again, it would be most appreciated

Posted Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 2:22 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)