Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Help me with my VDJ browser please

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ValleraHome userMember since 2006
My Windows`s default language is Russian.So my VDJ browser instead of "My Computer","Desktop"etc. displays some abracadabra. But skins "man-tk 11" and"Obsidian 1280x1024 v1[1].2 EN by Emil Koutanov" show the true values (I mean in Russian). Hoping to adjust my other skins I`ve searched through their XMLs but haven`t found the clue. I guess the matter is with the XML encoding or me omitting the right values to be changed. Could somebody please give me an advise on how to fix it ?

Posted Sat 02 Dec 06 @ 3:12 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Sat 02 Dec 06 @ 3:23 pm
I tried it. It doesn`t help,makes even worse ( abracadabra not only in the browser but also in the dropzone where title/author/timespent/left is displayed)

Posted Sat 02 Dec 06 @ 10:19 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
does any one know any more about this one ?

Posted Sat 02 Dec 06 @ 10:28 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
Maybe this has something to do with the version of the skin. On some skins with a specific version there won't be any problem, but other skins with another version the names will be wrong.

Posted Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 7:02 pm
I got problems with all skins except these two. Emil Koutanov , judging by his surname is russian speaking. Probably he created his skin under russian version OS and he didn`t modify other skins but typed his own from scratch.That`s why it works well with my OS. I guess the reason I couldn`t make it is that I tried to modify the skin XMLs typed mostly under english or some other OSs using latin letter encoding. Should I retype XML or could somebody tell me the right encoding. Does anybody know how to get Emil Koutanov on this section of the forum ?

Posted Mon 04 Dec 06 @ 12:03 am
KaShEjHome userMember since 2006
I Have This problem too !!
Koro4e narod nenaju kak et ozdelatj no u menja nihrena ne derzhit Defultnij Skin russkij jazik ( ja nhodil nekotorije skini kotorije namana vsjo derzhut .... 4to za hernja..?! ) preshlite kto nitj - pomogite ( --@--.-- )
©KaShEj / Andrew

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry KaShEj no email address is allowed from a demo user

Posted Tue 06 Feb 07 @ 12:47 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
It has to do with the fonts.
Try opening the xml file of the skin you want to use, with Notepad.
Check the bottom lines.
A browser block should be there.
Replace the font with something local (in your language font)
For example. If it says font=Verdana, then replace with ... font=Arial Russian
Save and exit.
Try. Hope it works
We do similar things in Greek language

Posted Tue 06 Feb 07 @ 5:45 pm
mika_auHome userMember since 2005
Emil speaking.

Yes, I am Russian speaking. I hardly ever check these forums, but if you leave a question I'll eventually get to it.

I'm not fully understanding what the problem is that you are experiencing, but as djdad said, it is likely to be as a result of the fonts.

Posted Wed 07 Mar 07 @ 10:57 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)