Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: ESI U46 portable USB audio interface

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
hi

Is this a ok for VDJ 4.1 i need 3 channels,one for deck a and b and one for samples.
Also can someone help with locating somewhere in the uk for this box. Any help would be appriciated

http://www.thomann.de/gb/esi_u46_dj.htm

ESI U46 portable USB audio interface providing 4 input and 6 output channels. The interface has a microphone preamp (with +48V phantom power support) and a Hi-Z instrument input. The two stereo line inputs can be switched between line and phono signals. A headphone output for monitoring is available as well. U46 is designed with digital DJs in mind. You can simply assign the different playback channels to the individual outputs of U46DJ. You can also connect two turntables to the inputs of U46 without the need of a separate phono pre-amp. Ultimate Audio Tools including Mackie Tracktion, AAS Tassmann,... , Bundled Third-Party Plug-Ins ASIO driver for Windows 2000/XP und Mac OS X

DJ FORMAT

Posted Thu 16 Nov 06 @ 2:59 pm
DJKicePRO InfinityMember since 2005
yes it should be fine

Posted Thu 16 Nov 06 @ 3:29 pm
And is it USB 2 or USB1 it is for

Posted Thu 16 Nov 06 @ 3:38 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
id amagine usb 2

nice pic lol

Posted Thu 16 Nov 06 @ 4:26 pm
I have customised the case for my setup.

Posted Thu 16 Nov 06 @ 4:42 pm
The U46DJ will do what you want but seems to have some driver problems enabling all the channels. I use a Gigaport AG and have it setup how you described (deck A ch 3/4, deck B ch 5/6 and ch 1/2 for samples and preview) That being said, VJ 4.x is still broken and if you use the preview audio and forward the song at all in the preview it will make the main output stop temporarily. The feature works perfectly in 3.4. Apparently the developers are aware of it but it is yet to be fixed.

Posted Fri 17 Nov 06 @ 1:15 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)