Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: ultimate guide to controllers - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

yeah... its just a midi controller ;)

Posted Mon 22 Jan 07 @ 9:56 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i like the torq controler it looks nice and has lots of pretty lights =)

however the controler im most likey to get is the numark dmc2

as i want a rack one :) and it looks like it will kick the dac 3s posteria

Posted Mon 22 Jan 07 @ 5:53 pm
mainedjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I think that I'm liking the numark total control one myself. Does it have a soundcard, or would I use my firebox still, and just change the output settings, to just one?
That would be super cool for the club, making it really quick to set up and tear down.
Does anyone know if the crossfader has different curves on it?

Posted Sun 28 Jan 07 @ 5:37 pm
i think you can change the crossfader curves

you would need to use the firebox still

Posted Sun 28 Jan 07 @ 5:39 pm
I think that the xponent can be more complete with its button...
it has more button that the oder control and everyone can be use like a midi control button in our software...i think that who mix with video can use more function of software only work with the controller...

Posted Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 1:56 am
ooooohh .... I think I'm in love!

Posted Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 4:20 pm
hehe

Posted Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 10:59 pm

Seems the Vestax comes in different colors ;)

Posted Tue 06 Feb 07 @ 6:45 pm
drools

Posted Wed 07 Feb 07 @ 12:19 pm
Vestax will be in Lodon next week at the Sounds Expo.

Press release say they will be selling hardware and software at expo prices. Hopefully I can pick one up there before the European release!

http://www.sounds-expo.co.uk/index.asp?Menu=0

Posted Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 5:30 pm
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ok, Ive been considering getting the HDJC Mk2 recently when i came across this thread. Saw the Vestax and thought... "Hmmm... fit!" But it doesnt have a soundcard (correct me if im wrong) but it appears better made, and it looks a hell of a lot nicer and professional. So I thought to myself I'll have a look on froogle, and the cheapest i found it for was £398.99 from WestendDJ. Bugger!! with the brakedown of my motorbike it's definately going to have to wait

But i thought to myself, how much can i get a DAC 3 for?? Our froogle survey says: £199.99 from Pegasus SL. plus its rackable so if i go down the route of mobile dj (which is the way i want to go) it'd be better suited.

Hmm... eitherway i'll have to wait and see :'(

Anyone, by the way, used the vestax and can give a report on it and what it's like, that'd be much appreciated??

Nebula
:o)

Posted Fri 16 Mar 07 @ 10:19 pm
Anyone knows if is possible to have the prelisten with the vestax ?

Posted Sat 17 Mar 07 @ 2:59 am
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
i doubt it because it's not a soundcard... just a midi controller. it just tells VDJ what to do.

am i right?

Posted Sat 17 Mar 07 @ 4:29 am
What does the BCD 3,000 offer that the BCD 2,000 doesn't? There must be a reason why the BCD 3,000 will be available at an added cost of £90 more.
Any Ideas?

Posted Sun 18 Mar 07 @ 8:55 pm

Intro and features of the KDJ500 controller

The KDJ500 is a professional dj hardware controller designed especially to control Dj's applications. Its intuitive interface makes real-time operation easy for Dj's and allow to mix faster and easier. Forget the mouse and keyboard, with the KDJ500 you can control your entire music collection from your fingertips.

• All controls are fully MIDI assignable and works in real-time.

• 1 Ultra fast and smooth replacement crossfader (45 mm. travel). High quality design made by ALPHA (good for more than 300.000 operations).

http://kontrolprodj.com
• 4 Faders without midpoint detent (60 mm. travel). Smooth faders travel. High quality potentiometers made by ALPS (long life time).

• 14 Buttons + 6 special function buttons. Soft line curved and high output illuminated buttons. High quality buttons made by MEC (10.000.000 operations life time).

• 8 Rotary dials. Soft touch knobs to provide smooth velvet feel. 6 rotary dials with centre click and 2 rotary dials without it. High quality rotary potentiometers made by Panasonic (long life time).

• 2 Lever switches. The lever switches have three positions (on, off and on with lock position). Ultra high quality design, made by APEM.

• 2 Large jog dials (108 mm). High quality encoders, made by ALPS.

• 2 Infinitely variable push encoders. The push encoders have two functions (turn and press). Soft touch knobs to provide smooth velvet feel. High quality push encoders, made by ALPS.

• Midi in/out connectors (5-Pin DIN type plug). The midi in connector is used for receiving midi data, or to mix midi signals with the KDJ500 signals (merge function) so that the KDJ500 can function as a USB-MIDI interface. The midi out connector is used for sending midi data to other midi equipment.

• 1 USB connector. Public domain USB protocol. Open source USB data protocol with SDK (software development kit) and drivers for Windows (XP, XPx64, NT, Server 2003, 2000), Linux (2.4 & 2.6 Kernels) and Mac OSX (PowerPc & Intel).

• Self powered. The KDJ500 USB connector allows it to be powered directly from a compatible USB bus.

• Strong, compact size, metal case with brackets for 19" rack mounting.

Posted Tue 27 Mar 07 @ 11:24 am

VMX features 59 fully assignable controllers.
It works as a stand alone and self powered USB MIDI device.
It is supported by Windows XP and MAC OS X (other platforms are coming).
All you need is a USB port and your favorite sofware.

5 general shortcuts + 4 presets and snapshot

2 jogs and easy access switches for infinite control

6 channels with 60 mm soft touch faders

Crossfader for easy mixing

VMX is fully compatible with any MIDI Software:
Cubase, Reason, FL Studio, Storm, Live, Cakewalk, Sonar...

VMX is also dedicated to MP3 mixing:
MixVibes, Atomix, virtual DJ, ...

http://www.codanova.com/article-230082.html

Posted Tue 27 Mar 07 @ 11:31 am
djkikePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Its a pity that vestax vci-100 hasnt soundcard inside.
Anybody tested the M-Audio - Torq Xponent with vdj... its a little expensive but looks compact, and that touchpad included is a good idea.

Posted Tue 03 Apr 07 @ 12:57 am
have anyone successfully got timecoded cds to play in a numark cdn25?

Posted Tue 17 Apr 07 @ 1:57 am
do any of the midi players that have just come out have a sound card from what ive seen doesn't look like they do, im waitin for my numark total control to come hopefully sometime this week, but i live in Australia so im hoping i can find a good soundcard for a mac

Posted Sun 20 May 07 @ 8:59 am
mk2 has a sound card compatable for mac

for tcv use with mac you need numark virtual vinyl

Posted Wed 23 May 07 @ 11:19 pm
57%