Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: auto-mix

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

sreillPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi all,
Sometimes I find myself in house party situations where I would like to hear the whole song (beginning to end) then, auto-fade into next song. Is there a way?
or,
Can VDJ auto-mix using my cue points! Is that possible?
or,
If I have not set a cue point, could it start at the beginning of the track. It was most annoying when songs on the playlist had long slow intros yet you needed to hear them. eg. American Pie!
Any thoughts?
Steve

Posted Wed 15 Nov 06 @ 2:29 am
DJKicePRO InfinityMember since 2005
set a automix start marker at begining of track. there are more options you can play with also like.

Ok have you tried using "Edit AutoMix"

Next to where Automix is at top of the screen there is BPM. Press that and go to Edit AutoMix tab. Note that you must have a song loaded. Also here you can change the way to mix... so if you dont want cuts it wont cut.

Then you would just create a playlist... as this mix points are saved into the song database attached to the song. If you dont know how to create a playlist please inform me and i will be able to help you.

Posted Wed 15 Nov 06 @ 8:58 am
sreillPRO InfinityMember since 2006
How does one place an automix start marker? I've also tried automix stuff in the bpm button nothing seems to change. automix just takes over and the cue points suck!! Can't this software play a song from the beginning and then go to the next song and play that one fron the beginning? It's crazy that I would have to set a cue point for every song I wanna play! Besides, once in auto-mix it seems to overide anything I've set previously.

Posted Thu 16 Nov 06 @ 3:07 am
radiofcPRO InfinityMember since 2006
what you are asking for if I hear you correctly is - can you set up a playlist on VDJ and get the s/w to play each song in sequence crossfading automatically during each transition similar to how winamp or windows media player works (rarely losing any portion of either song)?

I would also like to know how this is done so experts please advise..

cheers

Posted Fri 17 Nov 06 @ 10:12 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)