Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Auto mixing a play list

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am a VDJ user and I like auto mixing songs from a play list (just cross fading really). I have set up the list but I am finding that the fade in points tend to be in the middle of the song at times. I have tried to set these using the BPM-Edit automix function. I would just like to set the entry point at the beginning of each song and the exit point the last 5 seconds of the song. The program does not seem to want to let me set these functions. Suggestions? Thanks

Posted Mon 13 Nov 06 @ 6:00 am
DJKicePRO InfinityMember since 2005
hey mate i will post you a guide on how to do this... I have done this before but has been a while... let me just double check and i will post you a guide.

have edited my post.

Ok have you tried using "Edit AutoMix"

Next to where Automix is at top of the screen there is BPM. Press that and go to Edit AutoMix tab. Note that you must have a song loaded. Also here you can change the way to mix... so if you dont want cuts it wont cut.

Then you would just create a playlist... as this mix points are saved into the song database attached to the song. If you dont know how to create a playlist please inform me and i will be able to help you.

Posted Mon 13 Nov 06 @ 7:30 am
Thanks. I have tried the way you describe and it seem to work some of the time. So, if I understand correctly, there is no way to just have a song mix from the beginning and fade out at the last 5 seconds or so without actually setting this up for each song? That sort of sucks. If you could post the guide you mentioned that would be great. Thanks again.

Posted Mon 13 Nov 06 @ 10:36 pm
sreillPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'm having the same issue. when i go to edit automix. I hit OK and automix just goes back to it's own crappy cues! Did you figure it out?

Posted Thu 16 Nov 06 @ 3:30 am
There are plenty of music programs on the market the cross fade better than VDJ. Many of them are perform and can be used on radio stations. "Ots labs" is one of the that is brilliant for cross fading. However VDJ outperforms any other software when it comes to beat mixing two song together. And there is the problem. It seems to me that this program is more designed for club DJ's, and not those who do weddings, parties and pubs who need to cross fade. We need the start of the song at full volume right from the beginning, not to fade in over a period of time.

I also think that this could be fixed with another option. the option would overide the analisation for the begining of the song, and just start it at the begining. Then it could allow you to set, say, a 2 sec point at the end of the song (as you can now), and if VDJ started mixing at 3 sec so that you could hear the start of the song. And a good cross fade

I have seen this complaint lots of times on lots of posts. Maybe one day somthing can be done to make thousands of regular DJ happier.

Posted Thu 16 Nov 06 @ 5:41 am
sreillPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Continued...
Thanks chris for the response. I think it would be an extremely simple option. either auto-mix option or simple mix. The simple mix option would start at the beginning of the tune! Where's the development team? I think we're on to something!
Now... I tried edit auto-mix start points. I think I really screwed-up one of my play lists. when I enable automix, it now immediately cross fades, drops a song, goes to next song and loads in a new one.
The rest of my play lists don't do this. They're fine! can someone explain how that edit auto mix functions?
Thanks!!!

Posted Thu 16 Nov 06 @ 10:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)