Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Help With setup Please...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I was wondering what I need, other than to buy the program because I am getting it for christmas, to hook up turntables to the program everything from the type of turntable to sound cards to wires I am really dumb when it comes to figuring out what is compatiable and what is not so any detailed help would be much appreciated. I also need those time coded vinyls so i can play mp3 on my tables right? Plz help I want to go legit I am really looking forward to becoming an active member so plz help me so I can get all this in line for christmas thanks.

Posted Sat 11 Nov 06 @ 12:53 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Sat 11 Nov 06 @ 2:10 am
hey guys, im thinking about getting some TCV's. My question is do i need to get the mk2 dj console, or will the TCV's work without it?

Posted Sat 11 Nov 06 @ 3:07 am
djfxprogressive wrote :
hey guys, im thinking about getting some TCV's. My question is do i need to get the mk2 dj console, or will the TCV's work without it?
U could get the mk2 or you could get a usb soundcard like the U46DJ. There's no way the TT's will work without a soundcard. The mk2 is like a soundcard. You'll need either or.

Posted Sat 11 Nov 06 @ 9:16 am
if you buy the mk2 u aslo get a free copy of virtual dj home which gets you an upgrade discount

Posted Sat 11 Nov 06 @ 2:47 pm
Come to think of it, that would be wise. :)

Posted Sat 11 Nov 06 @ 4:37 pm
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Is scratching part of your DJ style? Because if it isn't, then you should seriously reconsider getting timecoded vinyls. All they really do is let you scratch better, if you are just spinning electronica and not scratching, your life will be a lot simpler (and cheaper) if you forego the TCV's!!

IMHO

:P

Posted Sat 11 Nov 06 @ 7:10 pm
true u can scratch with the mk2 if you wish

using the jobwheels

Posted Sat 11 Nov 06 @ 8:33 pm
Skyfxl really loves his mk2. Hercules should pay you. That's a loyal customer right there. :)

Posted Sat 11 Nov 06 @ 10:40 pm
who said they havent ;)

i wish its just so easy to use theres none of this messing around with drivers like some products

i wont name cough bcd2000

Posted Sat 11 Nov 06 @ 11:21 pm
Thanks for all the help yall are the best sorry about taking so long to respond. I am planing on scratching and I also would like to know if I want to use a standard mixer instead of the mk2 what sound card would i need?.. I have xp pro sp2, amd athlon 64 bit +3500 2.20 ghz with 1 gig of ram, asrock motherboard by asus, ati radeon x850pro vid card and enough hard drive space trust me..lol

Posted Sat 18 Nov 06 @ 10:16 pm
maya 44 usb or udj45

Posted Sat 18 Nov 06 @ 10:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)