Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What Are some of your favorite songs to mix right now?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys, I just wanted to start a thread to see what everyone's favorite tracks to mix are right now... I know I often get good ideas from seeing other DJ's, so why don't we share, see just what songs get you off right now....

I for one enjoy mixing sexyback and shake by the ying yang twins

and hit the floor by twista, and the street tracks without me eminem

what other stuff you guys got?

I've been doing more karaoke than DJing lately, so I could use some ideas with some new music....

-Steve

Posted Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 10:55 am
What I enjoy and what I have to play are two different things.

What I HAVE to mix is the latest and hot top 40 and hip hop... I try to make the best of it and playing alot of recurrents as well.

When I am video mixing I like to mix Gwen Stefani's Hollaback girl and loop the beat to Missy Elliott's Pass the Dutch. I play the Hollaback Girl and cut the bass on the EQ and then have the looped beat to Pass the Dutch behind it. Makes for a different mix and sounds good. I use my Ecler mixer with Video Crossfader disabled and use a seperate fader to switch between videos at different times for a cool effect. Kind of have to see what I am talking about. Maybe I will make a quick little demo and post it.

I have several tricky mixes I do with video and looping. Alot of it is done on the fly and if sounds and looks good I perfect it and use it again later. Fun stuff.. but yeah that is difference... my favorite isn't exactly what I want to play, it is what I HAVE to play.

Posted Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 11:13 am
Hi,

Really like reading peoples ideas on this sort of stuff, here a few bit's that i like doing at the moment.

For new music at the minute i quite like mixing from justin timberlake "My Love" into Akon & Eminem "Smack That". There quite a nice section after the chorus of the JT track without many words, so it makes for a nice mix.

Also, on the dance side of stuff, Fedde Le Grand "Put your hands up for detroit", goes really nicely into Yeh Yeh "Bodyrox (D Ramirez)".

BTW i'm in the UK so we're a bit behind US on R&B music, and a bit behind europe on dance music! ;)

Posted Thu 09 Nov 06 @ 2:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)