Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Orange Icon by file name?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

What does it mean?
How do you remove it?

Posted Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 12:52 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm not sure, buy they may mnean that their BPM aren't in range with the one you've set for decks. For example, I'm used to set the pitch range to ±8%. When the active song is, for example running at 128 BPM, the songs in the database which can't be reached by that pitch range (for example a song at 90 or 140 BPM) will have that orange icon.
This is what I think, but I remember I'm not sure.

Posted Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 8:58 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
thats right , cant remove the icon its just a warning

Posted Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 9:26 am
TexZK you are right! Thanks for that info. i just got tired of finding out on how to delete it.

Posted Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 2:18 am
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It would be nice if we could turn this function off...

Posted Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 7:51 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Open up the skin's BMP file, and copy - paste the plain icon over it, then save :D

Posted Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 8:48 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I don't see why you would remove it. It's so good when you want to mix another song and you notice you can't with that pitch range! Just ignore it if you don't want it...

Posted Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 9:40 pm
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
TexZK wrote :
I don't see why you would remove it. It's so good when you want to mix another song and you notice you can't with that pitch range! Just ignore it if you don't want it...

I just find it annoying. If I'm beatmixing, I've already sorted the folder by bpm's, so an extra icon isn't helping. If I'm not beatmixing (like at a wedding or other party where beatmixing won't work) then it's just distracting. I can see it being useful to some, that's why I'd just like the option of turning it off in the settings.

Posted Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 10:44 pm
I agree with you SOCROSS, it would be nice to have that On/Off option.

Posted Fri 10 Nov 06 @ 5:35 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i think it would be good to be able to turn it off but its not lifethreatening its just a tiny orange icon lol

and tiny icons never hurn any one :) lol

Posted Fri 10 Nov 06 @ 10:35 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)