Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Anyone Use The Feena FMDJ9303 MIDI Controller?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I saw the other Feena controller talked about on the forum, but I hadn't seen the FMDJ9303 mentioned. Just curious if anyone has ever used this thing:

http://www.feena-electronics.com/

Posted Sat 04 Nov 06 @ 1:43 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i dont use it but i have seen it before

looks nice

but might be a bit difult to map

Posted Sat 04 Nov 06 @ 1:51 am
On their website they say they will be providing mapping files for VDJ but can't find any sign of them.

A

Posted Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 10:16 pm

Posted Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 10:19 pm
Again A very nice looking peice of kit.

But Similar to the X-session Pro, there is no sound card Therfore you need a second mixer. This a pet peeve of mine..... Why purchase a midi mixer, and then have to purchase a second audio mixer on top of the first one?????

My Impression would be that UNLESS the mixer is permanently installed in a booth that has all three formats happening (vinal, cdj/dvdj, and Compy) and it runs to a house/line mixer, then it's kinda just for home use. Why cart two mixers to a show? Especially if you only use VDJ, and no other formats???

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion NightClub

Posted Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 11:27 pm
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You don't need another mixer, just a sound card.

Any word on the price? That website says they're sold out.

Posted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 3:09 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
better to say 'sold out' than 'hasnt got out of prototype yet'
looks good but its got competition from other 'all in one' controllers like

herc control mp3
faderfox dm2 (or something like that)
vestax have shown a prototype of an all in one MIDI controller
m-audio x session pro
behringer ones
and there is that funny other one that was quite wide but not very deep, little cigar-box sized beige box with 2 jogs and some buttons on

anyway, ill wait and see how much it is!

Posted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 4:03 am
It seems they're bringing out a new model next year. They are having 12 special edition models made which will sell for around 350 US Dollars. There seem to be a number of stores in the US who have them in stock for immediate shipping. One is http://store.topdjgear.com/fefmdjmicofo.html

I know a guy in the UK who has one and raves about it, the build quality, etc.

I ordered 1 yesterday so that I can make a small very mobile briefcase setup for very small pub gigs or for home use. I'll use my NU04 and DN-S3500s for bigger gigs.

It's a bit cheaper than the DAC-3 which works fantastically well, but is 19" rack mount format. The Feena will sit on top of the laptop keyboard if wanted so can be very compact, but it might be hard to do a search for a track like that. I'm planning on making a folding case that folds to the size of a hard briefcase, but the lid will open sideways with the Feena in and then the laptop lid will lift up, all in all a very compact alternative. Hoping to just carry that and a couple of active speakers for a small gig with no lights.

A

Posted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 11:09 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Not bad, but no jog wheels? prefer the Hercules MK2 ;).

Posted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 11:19 am
Yeah, seems that they are trying to decide whether to put jog wheels on their new model. I'm not worried about that myself though.

Posted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 11:25 am

Posted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 11:40 am
socross wrote :

Yes you do need a second mixer. How else would you get the audio signal from the soundcard to the P.A and have enough volume to hear a head phone mix.?

This is the pet peeve: Controller that has mixer controls and no audio. A person would need a Second Mixer/audio input device such as a line mixer to input the soundcard signal to the Amp.

Why Use two mixers?

Can these Intelligent people who design these things not look on these forums and others like them?

All-in-one baby, either that or I'm staying with the DAC.

BCD 2000 - Returned it due to Quailty issues
Hercules DJCv1 - Liked it but Button quailty wasn't there and so I sold it to a beginner freind

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion NIghtClub

Posted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 3:40 pm
DJ Marcel_1 wrote :
socross wrote :

Yes you do need a second mixer. How else would you get the audio signal from the soundcard to the P.A and have enough volume to hear a head phone mix.?

This is the pet peeve: Controller that has mixer controls and no audio. A person would need a Second Mixer/audio input device such as a line mixer to input the soundcard signal to the Amp.

Why Use two mixers?

Can these Intelligent people who design these things not look on these forums and others like them?

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion NIghtClub

Yeah I guess I will use a mixer, because I like to have balanced outputs to my speakers. But I would also use a mixer with a DAC-3. (which defo is great)

I've got a spare mixer I could use. I'm an old established standard dj so I would find it hard to forget using a mixer.

Posted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 10:58 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
DJ Marcel_1 wrote :
socross wrote :

Why Use two mixers?

BCD 2000 - Returned it due to Quailty issues
Hercules DJCv1 - Liked it but Button quailty wasn't there and so I sold it to a beginner freind

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion NIghtClub

have you ever been to a DJ booth that doesnt allready have a line in socket somewhere?
even if there was only a direct line input to the first amp/speaker management unit its defenately possible to cue even in a loud environment with the 2nd output from a sound card (ether by using efficient headphones (SHURE etc) or by using a headphone amp. also you could use monitors that are designed to have a line input

Posted Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 3:40 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i applied for more info

and recived an email saying they will make 12 more over january it seems each one is hand made

i suggest you act fast if you want one

Posted Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 3:49 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)