Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: FS vs VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

If I can count well Final Scratch is like over 600 USD and I don't know how much they charge for each time coded vinyl. What do you get for that much money ? Not even half the features VDJ has (no loops, no samples, etc...). And VDJ + 2 time coded vinyls = roughly 150 USD. That's four times less.

How long will it take until VDJ wipes off the entire competition ?

Posted Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 3:54 pm
well put... and VERY true :)
w/ new timecode vinyls and xp10 - VDJ took a giant step into the definitive lead (in my opinion)

;)

Posted Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 3:58 pm
Now it's necessary that VDJ builds up a repution like Final Scratch!
It shouldn't be that hard with all those professional controllers specially made for VDJ.
Go VDJ! Kick Final Scratch 's ass!!!

Posted Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 4:23 pm
Well, one can only thank final scratch for selling items at an expensive enough price to fund their big marketing campaign, that helped making every DJ on this planet aware that mixing on a computer was something one could actually do.
That did helped promoting the "computer-dj" status.

Now that they spent all that money to show everybody that computer-mixing exist, it's time for atomix prod to show that it's easy, powerfull, reliable and cheap.

So thank to finalscratch for taking the expensive spending part and letting virtualdj recolt the fruits afterward :D

Posted Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 5:27 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Fs does cost 2 much and to be honest i don't think it or pcd...x is that impressive for the money we get it all with VDJ karaoke and dj for alot less ..it's only a matter of time before VDJ is takes over

Posted Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 10:27 pm
djmechoHome userMember since 2004
FS is 5 years or more old... take this in mind!

Posted Tue 17 Aug 04 @ 2:10 pm
It's all about perception -> the image. The image is the hang-up that most DigitalDJ pessimists have.... the perception that it's too easy and that anybody can do it. Sort of the same problem that the industry has dealt with forever.... to get paid what you are really worth... the image that it's easy work and not worth much compensation. So this is now coupled with the inability of the pessimists to realize that Digital Djing represents an opportunity to improve the presentation of music, just like the Direct Drive turntable offered the opportunity to develop scratching to the level it is today over belt drive turntable technology.

vDJ and vDJ jocks have a tough job ahead to "demonstrate" the improved capabilities and gain broad acceptance in both the industry and the public at large.

A bigger marketing budget for Atomix would help too.... any millionare vDJ supports out there want to make a big investment [:o) [:o) ?

Posted Tue 17 Aug 04 @ 4:17 pm
ProtoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I did a comparison thsat you can find with a search.

Bottomline: FS is too instable to take with you if you just go somewhere. VDJ is better than FS, and nobody will notice the difference. Just say that you work with timecoded vinyl. If they ask ???????, then say "like FS".

Posted Tue 17 Aug 04 @ 5:13 pm
keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
just my perception, which could be totally off, but it seems in the U.S, vdj hasn't had a lot of penetration as far as brand awareness. lots familiar with PCDJ or at least heard of it while vdj doesn't register with folks much. Course, pcdj been out a lot longer and obviously deeper pockets for marketing. and maybe because vdj has a European base, it's focus is mainly there.

Posted Tue 17 Aug 04 @ 6:03 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Expect a big surge in the U.S. sometime soon, coming from the bedroom DJ's.

I've personally sent at least a dozen people scrambling to pickup the demo.

There's this misconception (probably encouraged by DJ's, actually) that getting started is some huge, gargantuan task, needing thousands of dollars. Their faces light up when I tell them they can mix any party if they'll just spend $120 for the software and drag their computer out of the house.

Bargler

Posted Tue 17 Aug 04 @ 8:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)